★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Space Harvest (4.99 --> FREE)

03-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Space Harvest (4.99 --> FREE)

I never try this game until now... It looks good from the screenshots
03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Bought this a while ago... It's a pretty decent RTS type title. Definitely worth snagging for free.

03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks!

This has been on my list for quite a while - thanks to the devs for making it free. I'll give it a run through on the weekend
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
This looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
03-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongo View Post
This has been on my list for quite a while - thanks to the devs for making it free. I'll give it a run through on the weekend
Same here! Thanks devs, I'll give an iTunes review.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-17-2012, 12:02 AM
RTS games are always a welcome addition in my game library. Thanks for making it free today.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
03-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Glad to have the chance to try this out for free - thanks for the sale!
03-18-2012, 07:26 AM
No problem, I hope you all enjoy it - it will be free for the rest of the week. Don't forget to leave a review!

The sequel has been in development for about a year and a half and is shaping up really nicely, hopefully I'll have something to share soon.
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeb View Post
No problem, I hope you all enjoy it - it will be free for the rest of the week. Don't forget to leave a review!

The sequel has been in development for about a year and a half and is shaping up really nicely, hopefully I'll have something to share soon.
Nice do let me know about a upcoming rts.
I left a review....difficulty is seriously to hard. Im at the base defend mission.
I tried a couple strategies but cant get it done. Always lose in the last 4 minutes.
And believe me that ive finished alot of rts games on medium, some on hard.
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgqueenx View Post
Nice do let me know about a upcoming rts.
I left a review....difficulty is seriously to hard. Im at the base defend mission.
I tried a couple strategies but cant get it done. Always lose in the last 4 minutes.
And believe me that ive finished alot of rts games on medium, some on hard.
It's quite tricky to balance the difficulty - I've had players complain the game is too short / too easy, but it is more common that people find it too difficult. I guess the lesson learned for the next game is I need saving mid-mission, and, ideally, difficultly levels...

Space Harvest has a stronger focus on defensive structures than many RTS games, which might be where you're coming unstuck. Turrets and walls are basically the best defence against enemy ground units - they take a lot of beating, they're easy to repair, and turrets have a more powerful attack than any ground unit. Additionally, turrets can fire over the top of walls (while ground units cannot), so a completely walled-in turret is very hard for the enemy to defeat.

Anyway, tips for level 5:

* Immediately build 3 solar stations to power up your turrets, then take out enemy forces near your base with the units you start with.
* Research Mr Choppy (at a refinery) as early as possible to increase the speed at which you earn, and build refineries next to the giant mushrooms south west and north east to ensure harvesters can return mushrooms quickly. Build more harvesters, as usual.
* Most important: Recharge and fortify your walls and turrets - don't build bumblebees or tanks, but focus on keeping your walls recharged, and, over time, fortify your defences so walls are several deep + build additional turrets.
* As you've found, enemy waves attack increase in numbers until the countdown runs out, and it's not unusual to be left with very few structures remaining by the end
* You may find it helpful to use your initial batch of bumblebees as a roving defence force - you can keep them alive by building a recharge pad, and sending them back to recharge after each wave.
* If your harvesters are wandering too close to enemy turrets, wall off the enemy bases. This will keep them safe and prevent the enemy skirting around the side of your base to attack your refineries.

Remember, all you need to survive is at least one command center, you can build additional command centers and wall them in south west and north east if the one you start with is about to be destroyed.

Also: there's a built-in hints system if you get stuck later on - as soon as you fail or finish a level, you unlock the hints - they are accessible from the mission briefing screen.

Best,

Ben