Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Default Scorched Monster - (by Seltice Systems LLC)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks good... And it looks like a very good concept too. But are all the monsters static? I mean on Sanuku's video averything's just standing in place just waiting to be burnt.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Looks pretty difficult as well. How does one rack up enough points in the tight time limit? Can you jump on the monsters heads?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Hello, my name is Ben McGaughey, I'm the developer of Scorched Monster - my company is Seltice Systems LLC.

THANK YOU for making this video. Watching someone play it this way was amazing! All my testers eventually got really good at the game, so it became increasingly difficult to see how it was played by someone just starting out. Pains of being an indie I guess.

Right after launch I submitted my first update to Apple that will hopefully help new players get past some of the initial barriers, like being aware of Double Jump, and there will be more visuals of what happens when you use a power-up so they aren't as much of a mystery, ie, TNT shows explosions in the background.

I have received several points of feedback since launching that Rookie is too hard. I'll probably make a total novice rank and have it be a bit easier in a coming update so people can at least get past the first level on their first couple plays.

The monsters are stationary, yes. Think of them like you would coins in other games. It may have been a mistake to make them monsters because a lot of feedback has told me that players really expect them to move.

That being said, I'm playing with some code and seeing what it would be like if the monsters moved around or fought back. But it's still just experimental at this point.

This version of the game where spikes are hazards and the monsters are stationary will stay, and if I do make monsters move or fight back, I would make it more of an option. So nobody is mad at me for taking away the game as it is now since I've gotten great feedback in it's current state too.

I hope everyone tries it out. Once you get into it, it can be really addicting.

I love working on the game, I have updates in the works, and thank you again for making the video, and to everyone who leaves feedback!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Kinda like Super Crate Box, interesting.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Kinda like Super Crate Box, interesting.
With what the dev has said, I think i'll dive and DL when i get the chance. Working overtime is a b**ch, and it is killing my limited gametime.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

looks interesting... but not universal?

my ipod is completely being neglected for games now, so i only play on my ipad, dun like platformers from ipod on ipad =/
Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Regarding the the SCB comparison. The game play is so different from SCB that I wouldn't want someone downloading thinking they were getting the same game. I still hope everyone downloads Scorched Monster for the fun game that it is, but there are major differences between the two. I'd recommend owning both.

@Drexiel - I don't have it on iPad yet just because I haven't been able to test it on an iPad yet. I know it runs well at the resolution and in the simulator just fine, so maybe I should just launch it iPad anyway and hope for the best. I'm really nervous about launching for hardware I can't test on (which probably stems from developing on Android for so long before porting to iOS).

Last edited by selticesystems; 03-17-2012 at 11:06 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 03:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

damnit I'm LOVING this game!!! The only complaint I have is that there's no leaderboards. If it had GameCenter support, or even in game leaderboards, I'd be completely hooked. There's just something about this one that has me liking it more than SCB, Muffin Knight, or Blast Ball... it's just got that... I dunno, but I love it.

Something else that would be kinda interesting... combos. Yeah, I'm a big combo/chain freak... if there was another mode, one that let you build up combos based on how many enemies you killed before taking damage... with the score going up and all that... maybe a survival mode or something... unlimited time, but no health, and you're dead after 3 hits or something... that would be awesome.

Anywho... thank you for making this free. I don't think I would have heard about it otherwise. =oD
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Solid controls! Great graphics! Fun gameplay!

THANKS FOR THE FREEBIE!