★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mystery of the Japanese Werewolf $.99 --> Free

03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Mystery of the Japanese Werewolf $.99 --> Free

Had this on my wish list of things to get when I upgraded!

YouTube: video
03-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Get it if you don't have it yet. Great indie metroidvania type platforming action.

03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
After following the developer chat on main thread I am sad to see this become free since he seems tk have invested a lot into making a dream project. Good game, wait to buy it.
03-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
After following the developer chat on main thread I am sad to see this become free since he seems tk have invested a lot into making a dream project. Good game, wait to buy it.
Agreed. It's very upsetting. DON'T GET IT WHILE IT'S FREE!!! Wait until you can help support this amazingly supportive and talented developer.
03-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Agreed. It's very upsetting. DON'T GET IT WHILE IT'S FREE!!! Wait until you can help support this amazingly supportive and talented developer.
Sorry guys. Guess maybe I shouldn't have posted this.

I haven't been following the main thread mainly because I knew (at the time) I couldn't play it. Picked this up when I saw it free only because I've been spending too much lately on the AppStore.

BUT I will definately be sure to support this dev on his next effort!

Even though it's free now, I hope it gets it some more attention, word of mouth and future sales. Seems pretty damn good so far and deserves it.
03-17-2012, 05:03 PM
By all means if you would pay for it then wait. It's a great game, well worth it's normal price. However, if you aren't sure you would otherwise pick it up, get it now. I'm sure this free promotion is an attempt to boost downloads and ratings to help future sales, so it all helps. Just remember to review in iTunes if you pick it up and like it.
03-17-2012, 05:31 PM
You guys are the greatest. Seriously! : )

Weirdly, after the last update, I've been getting a few days with 0 sales total. That's a new low. So, in hopes of getting some reviews and ratings, I decided to give it for free until monday.

I hope this is the last time I have to do that.

Last week I even sent Apple an email. Every time I see a platformer that is
*clearly* a worse game getting feature in New & Noteworthy, a little part of me dies. Hahah!

Don't feel bad about posting it, awp69. The idea is to get as much people as possible to notice the game, and you're helping with it! Thanks!
03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
I'll definately leave you a review on the AppStore (it'll be under sbelli69). Great game! Hope this promotion does bring more attention to it (so you raise enough money to make Episode 2 ).
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
a platformer? yes sir!!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-17-2012, 07:13 PM
This is an amazing platformer from an amazing developer. Not your average mechanic, lots of new elements. And humor? It has a butt load of it! A lot of character and I am proud to have it on my phone.
Having said that, I truly hope that anyone who grabs it free give the game an honest review in iTunes. Support the indies, give them some love!

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80