★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad apps that don't work (yet) on the new Ipad (3rd gen) device.

03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
iPad apps that don't work (yet) on the new Ipad (3rd gen) device.

It was so useful to me to have the list of retina-ready iPad apps, I thought other TA'ers might find a thread about iPad apps that don't yet work on the new retina-display iPad to be useful too. I'm not talking about ones that aren't retina-ready, I'm talking about apps that simply don't work on the new device, yet should because they're iPad-specific apps.

Here's what I've found so far, installing apps that I own on my new device...

Almost all Playrix apps don't work. They'll load and display cut scenes, and let you enter a player name, but when you get to the main menu to select play/start, they don't respond to touch or swipes at all. So far I've found that all the Fishdom apps don't work on the new iPad, nor does Call of Atlantis, nor Rise of Atlantis. People have been posting about these problems on Playrix Facebook page, so they should soon be aware that things aren't working on the new devices, if they aren't already.

The Bard's Tale, by inXile Entertainment, won't run either. The developer is aware there's a problem and is looking into it.

Jolly and Roger's Misguided Adventures: Quest for the Dragon Tear starts out displaying in a 1/4 sized window and things go downhill from there. The developers have been informed of the problem on their Facebook page, and are looking into it.

Anyone else experiencing problems like these with other iPad apps?

Last edited by dclose; 03-18-2012 at 07:12 PM.
03-18-2012, 11:05 PM
The Creeps HD is giving me a solid white screen. I emailed the dev about it this evening.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer