★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Infinite Flight offers the most comprehensive flight simulation experience on mobile devices, whether you are a curious novice or a decorated pilot. Explore high definition scenery in regions from around the world with our diverse inventory of detailed aircraft, tailoring each flight by choosing your time of day, weather conditions, and aircraft weight configuration.

Features:

Dozens of aircraft in a diverse fleet of airliners, general aviation and military aircraft (free and paid add-ons)
Multiple regions featuring high definition satellite imagery, accurate topography and all major airports with precise runway and taxiway layouts
Customizable time of day and weather conditions (real time or custom)
Realistic atmospherics with the sun, moon, and stars
Autopilot (supports control of all flight parameters, NAV mode to follow your flight plan, and auto land on select aircraft)
Easy-to-use flight planning system with accurate fixes and Navigational Aids
Engine startup and shutdown
Instrument Landing System (ILS)
Advanced replay system
Weight and balance configuration

Subscribe to Infinite Flight Pro for an all-access experience which allows you to fly anywhere in the world with live weather and our entire fleet of aircraft. Join thousands of other pilots and air traffic controllers for the most engaging online flight simulator available today!

Infinite Flight Pro subscription benefits:
Join thousands of other pilots for a global multiplayer experience
Fly the world with millions of square miles of high definition scenery with access to over 25,000 airports (no region lock-in)
Enjoy all available aircraft
Act as an Air Traffic Controller
Fly through live weather and winds aloft

Subscription Options: 1 Month, 6 Months, and 12 Months
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end
of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and
identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your user Account Settings after purchase

Note:
Internet connection (WiFi or Cellular) is required to use Infinite Flight.

Privacy Policy and Terms of Service:
https://goo.gl/zBteBg
03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Smashing the Buy Button...expect the usual Feedback as soon as I`m back from my Trip to the local Pub

03-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Looks good! Keen on impressions of the game!
03-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Game Impressions

Just spent a half hour or so with this so far. While overall, the experience is generally enjoyable, it's marred by occasional but persistent frame rate hiccups, (4S) as well as regular sound hiccups - almost as if someone got extremely sloppy with editing a loop. The latter might not seem that significant an issue, but when you consider that the engine sound is pretty much all you hear, and that a game like this lives or dies by the degree of its immersion factor, having said immersion broken at regular (10-15 second long) intervals presents a very real problem.

Still, I enjoyed the flying around. The different camera angles are excellent, though the level of ground detail is fairly poor. I'd be the wrong person to ask to judge the realism factor, but I thought overall the game struck a pretty good balance between my vague notions of "arcade" and "sim" with regard to flyers.
03-19-2012, 03:16 AM
I would like to see a video of actual gameplay. I'm close to hit the "Buy" button.

Edit: I found some videos on their own blog http://flyingdevstudio.blogspot.com/p/games.html

Last edited by Zemar; 03-19-2012 at 03:23 AM.
03-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
I would like to see a video of actual gameplay. I'm close to hit the "Buy" button.
03-19-2012, 03:29 AM
The inevitable question: how does this compare to X-Plane (not content wise)?
03-19-2012, 03:29 AM
up......Cho nh?ng ai c?n....................
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
True experience

I have been a Flight Sim fanatic for many years and I really enjoy this app on the iPhone. The level of realism is really set high, which is what I look for in a simulator. The developers really put a lot of hard work and thought into this product.
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Game Impressions

Played for another hour or so, enough to check out all the planes and try a few landings, and feel pretty much like I'm "done." The problem is, there is just nothing remarkable or outstanding about the game. Not even really much above average. It's competent enough and it gets by, but with literally hundreds of other apps vying for my attention I don't see myself returning to this one.

What would have changed my mind? Flawless frame rate and some ground detail that actually made it interesting to fly from one place to another might have made all the difference.