Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonian View Post
The first thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to properly support multitasking

If I quit the app and restart, it looks like it's going to resume but then crashes.
We didn't have any issues with iOS 5.0, it seems like this started with 5.1. We're looking into it, it'll get fixed eventually, as an avid user myself, this has been bugging me as well

--
Matt
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Oh, and the next thing I discovered is that a slightly aggressive use of the rudder will put the aircraft into a spin which results in the app crashing

I was quite impressed with the Windows Phone 7 version of Infinite Flight, so I know it's going to get better, but for now I'm a little disappointed.
We're aware of the issues happening when entering unusual attitudes. I'm responsible for the flight model so this is my area. Optimizations of the low lift situations is on my plate for future updates

--
Matt
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 AM

It's great to see you taking these comments on the chin, and acknowledging them. As a developer myself I hate to write negative comments on a forum like this, but I think it's only fair to be honest. I'm really looking forward to your future updates.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
It's great to see you taking these comments on the chin, and acknowledging them. As a developer myself I hate to write negative comments on a forum like this, but I think it's only fair to be honest. I'm really looking forward to your future updates.
It's only fair, the sim is its early days still, and we're still tuning things. Being on iOS for 4 days has brought more feedback than 11 months on Windows Phone, we need to process it all, prioritize and execute.

We're already fixed the multitasking issues this morning, it won't make it into the next update but the one after that since we already pushed 1.1. And at the moment, I'm working on fixing the rudder and unusual attitude issues. I probably won't be able to fix them all unfortunately but I'll try

Thanks a lot for your comments
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpao View Post
We've received reports of this but we haven't been able to repro this. Try to calibrate the controls again. Our only guess is that users are changing orientation after calibrating the controls. (switching the home button from left to right or vice versa)

If you have a way to consistently reproduce this issue, we'd love to know how

Thanks!
Matt
The inverting of the left/right controls happens when I end a flight with a plane and then select another plane. Then the controls will automatically invert. If I go back and select the first plane again, the controls will work again. Sometimes the controls gets inverted when I end a flight and start a new flight with the same settings. So unfortunately I can’t point out a single and specific situation where the problem occurs.

I'm using a iPhone 4S 16 GB with iOS 5.1
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
The inverting of the left/right controls happens when I end a flight with a plane and then select another plane. Then the controls will automatically invert. If I go back and select the first plane again, the controls will work again. Sometimes the controls gets inverted when I end a flight and start a new flight with the same settings. So unfortunately I canít point out a single and specific situation where the problem occurs.

I'm using a iPhone 4S 16 GB with iOS 5.1
Just to confirm, did you change the orientation of the device in the mean time? (home button on the left to right or vice versa)

Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 AM

Please, can you add multi-touch support in a future update? When landing, I like to keep my thumb on the throttle so I can adjust it without looking across at it, but then I can't adjust the flaps at the same time.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Please, can you add multi-touch support in a future update? When landing, I like to keep my thumb on the throttle so I can adjust it without looking across at it, but then I can't adjust the flaps at the same time.
Yes, that's on my plate, I'm finishing some work on the map and I'll try to stick this one in.
It's bugging me too
Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpao View Post
Just to confirm, did you change the orientation of the device in the mean time? (home button on the left to right or vice versa)

Thanks
No I didn't change the orientation at all. Maybe I should delete the App and install it again? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
No I didn't change the orientation at all. Maybe I should delete the App and install it again? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem.
You shouldn't have to uninstall, when this happens, can you go in the menu (tap on screen and tap on "Menu" then "Calibrate")

Let me know if this fixes it, thanks