Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonian View Post
The first thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to properly support multitasking

If I quit the app and restart, it looks like it's going to resume but then crashes.
We didn't have any issues with iOS 5.0, it seems like this started with 5.1. We're looking into it, it'll get fixed eventually, as an avid user myself, this has been bugging me as well

--
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonian View Post
Oh, and the next thing I discovered is that a slightly aggressive use of the rudder will put the aircraft into a spin which results in the app crashing

I was quite impressed with the Windows Phone 7 version of Infinite Flight, so I know it's going to get better, but for now I'm a little disappointed.
We're aware of the issues happening when entering unusual attitudes. I'm responsible for the flight model so this is my area. Optimizations of the low lift situations is on my plate for future updates

--
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Brendonian Brendonian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 162
Default

It's great to see you taking these comments on the chin, and acknowledging them. As a developer myself I hate to write negative comments on a forum like this, but I think it's only fair to be honest. I'm really looking forward to your future updates.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonian View Post
It's great to see you taking these comments on the chin, and acknowledging them. As a developer myself I hate to write negative comments on a forum like this, but I think it's only fair to be honest. I'm really looking forward to your future updates.
It's only fair, the sim is its early days still, and we're still tuning things. Being on iOS for 4 days has brought more feedback than 11 months on Windows Phone, we need to process it all, prioritize and execute.

We're already fixed the multitasking issues this morning, it won't make it into the next update but the one after that since we already pushed 1.1. And at the moment, I'm working on fixing the rudder and unusual attitude issues. I probably won't be able to fix them all unfortunately but I'll try

Thanks a lot for your comments
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Zemar Zemar is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpao View Post
We've received reports of this but we haven't been able to repro this. Try to calibrate the controls again. Our only guess is that users are changing orientation after calibrating the controls. (switching the home button from left to right or vice versa)

If you have a way to consistently reproduce this issue, we'd love to know how

Thanks!
Matt
The inverting of the left/right controls happens when I end a flight with a plane and then select another plane. Then the controls will automatically invert. If I go back and select the first plane again, the controls will work again. Sometimes the controls gets inverted when I end a flight and start a new flight with the same settings. So unfortunately I can’t point out a single and specific situation where the problem occurs.

I'm using a iPhone 4S 16 GB with iOS 5.1
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
The inverting of the left/right controls happens when I end a flight with a plane and then select another plane. Then the controls will automatically invert. If I go back and select the first plane again, the controls will work again. Sometimes the controls gets inverted when I end a flight and start a new flight with the same settings. So unfortunately I canít point out a single and specific situation where the problem occurs.

I'm using a iPhone 4S 16 GB with iOS 5.1
Just to confirm, did you change the orientation of the device in the mean time? (home button on the left to right or vice versa)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Brendonian Brendonian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 162
Default

Please, can you add multi-touch support in a future update? When landing, I like to keep my thumb on the throttle so I can adjust it without looking across at it, but then I can't adjust the flaps at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonian View Post
Please, can you add multi-touch support in a future update? When landing, I like to keep my thumb on the throttle so I can adjust it without looking across at it, but then I can't adjust the flaps at the same time.
Yes, that's on my plate, I'm finishing some work on the map and I'll try to stick this one in.
It's bugging me too
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Zemar Zemar is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpao View Post
Just to confirm, did you change the orientation of the device in the mean time? (home button on the left to right or vice versa)

Thanks
No I didn't change the orientation at all. Maybe I should delete the App and install it again? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
kpao kpao is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
No I didn't change the orientation at all. Maybe I should delete the App and install it again? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem.
You shouldn't have to uninstall, when this happens, can you go in the menu (tap on screen and tap on "Menu" then "Calibrate")

Let me know if this fixes it, thanks
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent