Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Mike.Jujubee Mike.Jujubee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
@dev : if this game turns out to be nearly as good as wipeout on vita or at least offering the same feeling of gameplay, then mark my word : ill be gladly paying the same price as wipeout on vita just to have it on my iPad. at this early stage, the graphics already looks great for me. ill be watching this thread closely!

ps. oww and please don't make it free, k.
Thanks for your very positive opinion - it's really motivating and we will do our best to make the game as good as it can be! Probably next week we will post some more gameplay footage.
  #12  
Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

This game needs more bloom and gloss

Also, how's the sense of speed in this game? It'd better be good for a futuristic racer!

I don't exactly dislike the tunnel walls but I do have something against seeing large chunks of block patterns. Is it possible to add some color and pattern variety to the tunnel walls?
  #13  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Mike.Jujubee Mike.Jujubee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
This game needs more bloom and gloss

Also, how's the sense of speed in this game? It'd better be good for a futuristic racer!

I don't exactly dislike the tunnel walls but I do have something against seeing large chunks of block patterns. Is it possible to add some color and pattern variety to the tunnel walls?
There will be a lot of bloom I can assure you . The intensity will depend on music and the speed will be huge . We will show the gameplay running on devices very soon so you will ba able to see that the ships will be really fast . A bigger variety will also be present - the footage from the teaser is from an early build and already it looks imo much better.
  #14  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default



Just a small request: I'm seeing wingtip vortices. Could they be animated to be more transparent and animated (so they weave realistically and not become straight white lines following the craft)?

LOVE the craft design btw .

*Edit: does the thruster flare intensity change in accordance to the controls? Like, left thruster being more intense than the right one when the player turns right etc. That'd look cool.
  #15  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike.Jujubee Mike.Jujubee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post

Just a small request: I'm seeing wingtip vortices. Could they be animated to be more transparent and animated (so they weave realistically and not become straight white lines following the craft)?
We will look into it . But on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 you can expect better visuals for sure!

Quote:
*Edit: does the thruster flare intensity change in accordance to the controls? Like, left thruster being more intense than the right one when the player turns right etc. That'd look cool.
I love this idea! Right now it doesn't work like that but its a great advice and we will implement it in the final version for sure!

If you have more cool suggestions we will appreciate - the game is still in early development so we can implement some of your ideas guys . Of course not all of them (we have to release the game at some point) but ideas like the one above will surely be used in the final version of the game! Thx for the tip!
  #16  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
iVaro iVaro is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,080
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Default

Will this be compatible with A4 devices?
  #17  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Mike.Jujubee Mike.Jujubee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 287
Default

Yes of course - however for better graphics you will have to play the game on iPad2 or iPhone 4S but the game will work on iPhone 4, iPad and iPod 4 as well and probably on the iPhone 3GS and iPod 3GS. In general the footage from the teaser is from the iPhone 4 version so you can expect at least such quality or even better.
  #18  
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

Woot request!:
Neon lines on craft (like Tron Legacy's art style). Like, more glow on some parts. The rear edge of the craft's wings is screaming to be lit up .

Pure aesthetic upgrades/customization options. I don't like how in some racing games aesthetic are tied to performance upgrades. Would be great if 'hardpoints' or even better, customizable positioning of gimmicks is allowed.

Remove certain weapon request: no blue shells please .
--------------------------
Just an unrelated suggestion, I don't like the '3D' part tacked onto the title. '3D' at the end sends connotations of either a cheap 3D game or a low quality title.
  #19  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
AnarKitty AnarKitty is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,658
Default

This looks really hot! Can't wait to see newer footage and watch this game "grow up"; I'm already excited to play it!
  #20  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Mike.Jujubee Mike.Jujubee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Woot request!:
Neon lines on craft (like Tron Legacy's art style). Like, more glow on some parts. The rear edge of the craft's wings is screaming to be lit up .

Pure aesthetic upgrades/customization options. I don't like how in some racing games aesthetic are tied to performance upgrades. Would be great if 'hardpoints' or even better, customizable positioning of gimmicks is allowed.

Remove certain weapon request: no blue shells please .
--------------------------
Just an unrelated suggestion, I don't like the '3D' part tacked onto the title. '3D' at the end sends connotations of either a cheap 3D game or a low quality title.
I think most of your suggestions will be present in the game . Besides from the beginning our plan was to display more glow on some parts of the ship and this is how they are designed - the glow will change to music .

With the "3D" part - that's correct but on the other hand the game will offer a SBS 3D mode which is I guess something new on the platform and this is why the "3D" is present in the name .

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent