iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Grinsia [JRPG][Kemco]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

So far, I'm really enjoying it.

However... Once it turned to night, about 15 minutes into my game, the framerate started to REALLY suffer, and the control and menu inputs became really laggy, if not unresponsive. Anyone else have these issues?

**edit**

I exited, cleared it from my multitasking bar, did a hard reset, and re-loaded my game, having the same issues...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 03-20-2012 at 06:06 AM..
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Just letting you all know that GC does not work correctly.

Edit - just happy to be of help. Not playing FOR the achievement badges, per se, but they ARE nice to see when they are there. Which, as stated below, Kemco will more than likely fix soon.

Thanks All.

Last edited by hotpotty; 03-20-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

It's the first time Kemco has used GC, but they've been really responsive with issues in the past, so I'm pretty sure this'll get fixed soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
It's the first time Kemco has used GC, but they've been really responsive with issues in the past, so I'm pretty sure this'll get fixed soon.
That's definitely true. Besides, my guess is that most folks don't play old-school JRPGs for the badges...

BTW, I've put about 40 mins into the game and have yet to run into any slowdowns (on my 4S). I am using the touch controls, though, so perhaps that makes a difference.

So far I'm enjoying it. I like how they are implementing the adventure-aspect of the game. The first "puzzle" rewarded exploration and there was even a moral choice that affected the storyline. The writing is decent and the characters clearly deliniated and engaging (though your sister is kind of a b$tch to your dad ). I do wish that they'd put as much effort on the combat animation and effects as they did in Fantasy Chronicle. So far the story doesn't quite have the same emotional heft as that of FC either, but then again I'm not that far in.

I definitely recommend that touch interface -- the pathfinding is excellent and input is pretty darn precise.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ah, another Kemco game to put on the list. Anxious to hear more impressions.

Right now I'm playing Eve of Genesis, but I've been playing a little of so many different games that I'm finding it a little annoying. After playing Fantasy Chronicle, it's hard to go back to their earlier games. The UI is just not as polished and intiutive and, for God's sake, there doesn't seem to be a quest list anywhere (so if you forget what you were doing, you're screwed). And the map only seems to work part of the time ...with no apparent marker for where you are supposed to be heading. Even Alphadia seemed to be more intiuitive (sorry, but iOS gaming in short doses, sometimes a little direction when returning to a game can be nice).

Anyway, I digress from this new installment. Does it seems as polished as Fantasy Chronicle? All the Kemco games have pretty good stories, so I'm not too worried about that aspect.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Ah, another Kemco game to put on the list. Anxious to hear more impressions.

Right now I'm playing Eve of Genesis, but I've been playing a little of so many different games that I'm finding it a little annoying. After playing Fantasy Chronicle, it's hard to go back to their earlier games. The UI is just not as polished and intiutive and, for God's sake, there doesn't seem to be a quest list anywhere (so if you forget what you were doing, you're screwed). And the map only seems to work part of the time ...with no apparent marker for where you are supposed to be heading. Even Alphadia seemed to be more intiuitive (sorry, but iOS gaming in short doses, sometimes a little direction when returning to a game can be nice).

Anyway, I digress from this new installment. Does it seems as polished as Fantasy Chronicle? All the Kemco games have pretty good stories, so I'm not too worried about that aspect.
It's actually more polished than Fantasy Chronicle in pretty much every category except combat animation. No quest list, though, as far as I can tell. Then again, I have yet to run into any Fantast Chronicle-type gathering quests -- only story points.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's actually more polished than Fantasy Chronicle in pretty much every category except combat animation. No quest list, though, as far as I can tell. Then again, I have yet to run into any Fantast Chronicle-type gathering quests -- only story points.
Even if it's story points, (like the "missions" listed in a separate category than the standard gathering "quests" in Fantasy Chronicle), I think every RPG should have something to remind you of what you're doing. A marker on a map or something.

Right now in Eve of Genesis (because I'm still early in the game and had dropped playing it for a while when I started to play some new device games that I had been dying to play), I'm running around a desert with no NPCs to talk to and no marker to indicate where the heck I'm supposed to be going.

Sorry for the rant...had little sleep last night and am not in a particularly good mood.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm glad to see a developer pumping out retro JRPGs. I wish more developers would get in on this action. Regretably that there are so many Kemco RPGs makes then seem less novel, I wish they would try a setting drastically different like outet space, steampunk, horror (zombie/vampire)... that would make a killing and revive them.

Looking forward to checking out Grinsia eventually.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I tried the touch controls instead of the virtual controls, and I'm still getting the insanely bad lag + framerate issues.

Last edited by squarezero; 03-20-2012 at 11:21 AM..