Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Wow, thanks everyone. I'm the developer of the game. I really appreciate all the kind words.

Shoot me a line if you have suggestions or run into any (gasp) trouble.

@abstractgamefreak Thanks for noting that. I was wondering if turns might be too slow for some people. I will definitely add an option to speed things up in a future update.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great looking game. At the introductory price, this is a steal. I am going through the very helpful tutorial and noticed a couple of things:

1. If I close the game and relaunch it, I need to restart the tutorial all over again. This is, admittedly, a minor niggle.

2. As I was going through the tutorial, I left my iPad2 to answer the door. I then proceeded to make and eat dinner. I returned to my room and noticed that the iPad was still on with the game still running for about an hour! Thankfully, it only drained my battery down 15%, but I was surprised that the game kept the iPad on this whole time, when typically, the auto-off functionality kicks in after my designated two-minutes.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

1. Hm, I hadn't considered the case of interrupting/resuming the tutorial. I'll try to think of something (but no guarantees).

2. While debugging I found it annoying to have the iPad screen dim and turn off automatically. Maybe that isn't a problem in normal play when people are constantly interacting with the game? I'll add it to my list of things to investigate for the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Great looking game. At the introductory price, this is a steal. I am going through the very helpful tutorial and noticed a couple of things:

1. If I close the game and relaunch it, I need to restart the tutorial all over again. This is, admittedly, a minor niggle.

2. As I was going through the tutorial, I left my iPad2 to answer the door. I then proceeded to make and eat dinner. I returned to my room and noticed that the iPad was still on with the game still running for about an hour! Thankfully, it only drained my battery down 15%, but I was surprised that the game kept the iPad on this whole time, when typically, the auto-off functionality kicks in after my designated two-minutes.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have one suggestion/request: option to turn off the zooming in when we move our units. I understand some folks like this sort of thing, but personally I find it a little disorienting and would much prefer to have a steady, consistent view of the board. A simple on/off toggle would please everyone.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I managed to crash the app, when I consulted the rules pages during the tutorial while the game waited for a movement command. When I closed the online manual, tapping on one of the still blinking hexes returned me to the home screen. So, as written above, better not interrupt the tutorial until the next update (although save/load game worked here).
Old 03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

@Gabrien You should have seen an earlier build when there was even more zooming going on. I think it made more than one tester dizzy The issue with not zooming is that sometimes you need precision when selecting among multiple pieces in a space. Are you okay with zooming manually in those instances? I can certainly make "auto-zoom" an option.

@abstractgamefreak Arg, I was wondering when the first crash bug would rear its head. I'll take a look. Can you drop me a line at scott@oomgames.com and give me more info about when it happened?

In general, if the game crashes you should be able to restart and choose "Continue Game" from the main menu to pick up where you left off. Unfortunately, that won't work in the tutorial.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by scartier View Post
@Gabrien You should have seen an earlier build when there was even more zooming going on. I think it made more than one tester dizzy The issue with not zooming is that sometimes you need precision when selecting among multiple pieces in a space. Are you okay with zooming manually in those instances? I can certainly make "auto-zoom" an option.
Of course! That would be much better. I could definitely see dizziness becoming an issue with me as well, with prolonged play. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Add me to the list of people who think that this game is great and a bargain at the moment... it's a bargain at much more.

A fun game of strategy with just enough randomness to it to keep everyone interested. I've really enjoyed the moments when I'm not sure what the next land piece is going to bring, or when the people Im playing spin the wheel with a chance of bringing something after my miners.

I would really like an actual board game of this.

I would really like to see a speed up computer moves -- least an option to do that anyway. I also think it might be fun to have another section on the spinning wheel -- that of a player. Then you could move one of your opponent's players a few spaces. This could be a fun added bit since you could really mess them up.

Lastly, I was thinking that it would be nice to not have to do the "hiding bubble" thing when playing against the computer. I know it would take some work on the Devs part, but it's annoying to have so little control over your cards when it doesn't matter if anyone sees them. I get why it's there for the games with others, but it's not needed against the computer. Just a thought.

All in all, top notch game. I wish you much success.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default *feature request*

Protecting, and getting your high-capacity miners home, is an important strategy of the game. Since indivdual miner icons are the uniform by design, there needs to be an easy way to view their capacity without revealing it to a human opponent.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, simultaneously hiding and activating the info bubble and selecting miners on the planet for review, is near impossible. I'm not really sure what a good solution would be. Possibly an on/off latch for the bubble that would free a hand to select icons on the screen?

Anyhoo, love the game
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

@QuickWit I will add a way to speed up the animation during computer moves. However, this won't speed up the process of the AI thinking. I will need to spend some significant time improving and streamlining the AI.

I also plan to add an alternative way to use the bubble for players that don't want to hold a touch - opening and closing by a discrete tap.

@Oscar It shouldn't be too hard to browse your miner values. The intention is that you hold a touch in the bubble with one finger. Then you use another finger to tap on any of your miners to make them show up in the bubble. I hope I described that properly.