★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Evertales ($2.99 -> Free)

03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Evertales ($2.99 -> Free)

03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow. You literally beat me by a minute.

I know this probably was the one Crescent Moon game that got the most mixed reaction. But I've been wanting to give it a try. (And I've spent plenty on their other games so....I'll take a bite on the freebie!).

03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
It is really good game. I got it about a month ago and I spent a lot of time playing it. And now it's free

GC: TomussMypl
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
This is one game i think i bought day one. It was ok to some extent, but somehow i never got back to it, nor did i reinstall it after i deleted it.

It was a decent game, but it just didnt have what it takes to pull me into playing it some more.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I also bought this one the day it was released... didn't really hold my attention. I deleted it before I beat it, and haven't reinstalled it since. =o/

But for free... it's definitely worth checking out, at least to see if it's something you'd enjoy. It's not necessarily a bad game... but I was just hoping for a whole lot more coming from CM, and it seemed a bit too easy if I'm remembering correctly. I guess people that beat it beat it within about an hour or less as well... so it's also short.
03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I also bought this one the day it was released... didn't really hold my attention. I deleted it before I beat it, and haven't reinstalled it since. =o/

But for free... it's definitely worth checking out, at least to see if it's something you'd enjoy. It's not necessarily a bad game... but I was just hoping for a whole lot more coming from CM, and it seemed a bit too easy if I'm remembering correctly. I guess people that beat it beat it within about an hour or less as well... so it's also short.
Yes, I remember comments like this so it's why it wasn't high on my wish list when I upgraded. But for free, I'll check it out. Played the first chapter. Not bad, but, yes, I guess CM has a higher caliber of games we expect from them. Even though I don't think they developed this but just published it, it still has their name attached to it so exectations are raised!
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
IAP needed to finish the game?
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card View Post
IAP needed to finish the game?
From what I can tell, I don't think so. It looked to me like some of it was unlocking other characters that aren't needed to play the game.

EDIT: Just took another look. It's for coins, but the game seems rather easy so I still don't think they're necessary.

Last edited by awp69; 03-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah... it was by Thunder Game Works and CMG - but I'm not too sure who did what with it. It might have been all done by TGW, with a graphical re-skin by CM or something... I dunno...
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
And I just reinstalled it on my iPad, and saw ads for Nuts!... Nice... Ads were not there before... Soooo... Redelete. =o/

Can't believe they've been charging $3 for it, and it has ads on the main menu and level select screens... Upsetting.