★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DaSuppa
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 57.4 MB
  • Version: 1.9
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Just a few days for free

Craving for a really smashing gameplay coupled with a catching plot? Experience totally addictive Total Defense 3D!

Get ready to immerse into the action set in a faraway galaxy where people are languishing under the rule of the cruel Tyrant. You are the only hope and savior for those starving and dying because of unbearable taxes. Rise against the

Imperial army and free all the planets in the solar system!

Build powerful towers and protect your mining base to fight the Empires forces. Work out the best strategy to eliminate the enemies and their military depots.

Features:
Accomplish 19 exciting story-driven missions
Choose any of 4 upgradable types of towers
Develop 5 sets of skills
Try on each of the featured levels of difficulty: Normal, Hard or Hell
Explore exotic alien landscapes in 360 degrees
Discover different planets in the galaxy
Get inspired by the exclusive, futuristic electronic soundtrack

Feel the taste of space battle with Total Defense 3D!

Monolith's comments:
I downloaded this game without any real expectations, as it was languishing for free in the app store... but HOLY CRAP!

This game blows Kingdom Rush and TowerMadness out of the water! Incredibly well done 3D, intricate animations, tons of maps, lots of towers, units, tech trees, etc.

Download it ASAP while its free, but if the price goes back up, I wouldn't think twice about dropping $5 on it.

GO!
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Quite so, this is a high quality TD game overall, never even heard of it before now much less sitting there for free, don't hesitate to get this one if you love some TD action.

03-21-2012, 12:12 AM
better than KINGDOM RUSH?

Holy crap I better give it a try
03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nao View Post
better than KINGDOM RUSH?

Holy crap I better give it a try
I wouldn't say it's better than Kingdom Rush but it is really good. Definitely worth downloading.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
ok tried this game for a few levels. polish is no where near kingdom rush. OK td game though.
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Good game, but if I exit and come back, the game locks the levels again and I need to play from the start (but keep my skill points)
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks! I’m all about “real” 3D tower defense games. (Wild Defense has been my current favorite among them. And Sweetwater Defense is good, but hasn’t been updated in ages.)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: Adams Immersive)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
03-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
Good game, but if I exit and come back, the game locks the levels again and I need to play from the start (but keep my skill points)
A few people have said that in app store reviews... sucks. I'm on an ipad3 and it works fine, though.
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm on the iPad 3 too, so no-one is safe.
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
well thats just weird.