Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebub23 View Post
Don't rest!
NO time!
Push forward!

Just recommend all your iOS friends about it, it's FREE for now!
Spread the word people..
Will do!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hey people,
A while ago I spent the good part of an afternoon modding all the audio of this game to match that of the Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. Almost every single soundtrack and sound effect I changed (the only ones I didn't were the ones that were only in Swordigo, like the sound when you fire a magic spell), and it makes the experience quite unique. I had planned on uploading the mod a while ago, calling the mod "Zeldigo"but one audio soundtrack was too quiet and needed to be fixed, but I kept putting it off until I never did it at all. Now that the game is free and will become very popular again, I'm wondering if I uploaded it, would anyone be interested in the mod? No jailbreak is necessary, just a program like iExplorer that lets you change app files. So yeah, let me know if you're interested and I'll finalize it and upload it!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
Hey people,
A while ago I spent the good part of an afternoon modding all the audio of this game to match that of the Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. Almost every single soundtrack and sound effect I changed (the only ones I didn't were the ones that were only in Swordigo, like the sound when you fire a magic spell), and it makes the experience quite unique. I had planned on uploading the mod a while ago, calling the mod "Zeldigo"but one audio soundtrack was too quiet and needed to be fixed, but I kept putting it off until I never did it at all. Now that the game is free and will become very popular again, I'm wondering if I uploaded it, would anyone be interested in the mod? No jailbreak is necessary, just a program like iExplorer that lets you change app files. So yeah, let me know if you're interested and I'll finalize it and upload it!
I'd definitely be interested!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjmedia View Post
I'd definitely be interested!
Ditto
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Glad i did not have to pay for this. Game is Cute, but far too difficult. Constantly dying and having to redo the same level is so 1980. What is the point or fun in this? How about saving your progress after a major boss kill halfway through the level instead of sending you back to the very beginning of the level? It just adds to the frustration. I am about 13% through and already deleted the game because of the lack of save slots. I dont mind redoing one 'section' until i get it right, but I do mind redoing ten damn sections.

What this has confirmed for me is that I can't stand platformers and will now avoid them in the future, even if they are free.

Last edited by Spatzi; 05-11-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Fair enough, you cant win them all, i bought it when it came out, think it was $1.99 or 99c, either way it was way way worth it. Up to 90% now and i'm loving it, tons of gameplay, some tricky levels but nothing major.

I think platform games arent for you if you're only at 13% and struggling so badly ! I dont remember having to redo 10 sections because it wasnt 'saved'.

Exceptional game, one of the games of the year already, love it.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatzi View Post
Glad i did not have to pay for this. Game is Cute, but far too difficult. Constantly dying and having to redo the same level is so 1980. What is the point or fun in this? How about saving your progress after a major boss kill halfway through the level instead of sending you back to the very beginning of the level? It just adds to the frustration. I am about 13% through and already deleted the game because of the lack of save slots. I dont mind redoing one 'section' until i get it right, but I do mind redoing ten damn sections.

What this has confirmed for me is that I can't stand platformers and will now avoid them in the future, even if they are free.
Surprised you had to do 10 sections over again. Although I'm only at 62%, I feel like the warp gate system was a nice way of doing things to avoid having to do too much back tracking. Need an item? Use a warp gate to go back to a town and then zap right back to the beginning of the area you were in.

I love platformers and like the adventure aspect of this one. There have been some times when I've been a bit frustrated. Currently, I'm battling a fire boss that I've had trouble with. I know how to defeat it. Just isn't easy to get the timing right.

But I can see where it may not be for everyone.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Fair enough, you cant win them all, i bought it when it came out, think it was $1.99 or 99c, either way it was way way worth it. Up to 90% now and i'm loving it, tons of gameplay, some tricky levels but nothing major.

I think platform games arent for you if you're only at 13% and struggling so badly ! I dont remember having to redo 10 sections because it wasnt 'saved'.

Exceptional game, one of the games of the year already, love it.
I am 'struggling' because of poor design. A lot of this game takes multiple attempts to get right. Half the time you die because of something stupid. Okay, fine, i get to retry. I do not understand why they make you go through Every single part of the level from the start. why not just save your progress at the point where you died? . At least then, i have some incentive to try again, but not when I just did my fifth run through of ten sections, die at 11, then have to start from the beginning. Not all of us have hours or interest to spend on tiresome repetition. It's not like every section is just a breeze to get through. Reading the comments here, there are a lot of complaints about the difficulty.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 AM

The knockback is seriously getting irritating. It's like the character is made of tofu, touching anything will knock you back half a screen, yet hitting an enemy with the mageblade knocks them back only like 1 foot, wtf?
Anyways are there any strategies for the last boss? The platform is ridiculously tiny, about the size of the teleport portals, and he shoots a homing missile that pretty much can't be dodged on a platform that tiny.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 AM

This game is not that hard, especially at the beginning. This game is awesome and I hope the fact that it went free won't keep the devs from being motivated to make a sequel.