Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I've been playing for a couple of weeks and developed a somewhat of a "cheat" strategy for the last mission that seems to work well. I didn't see it mentioned on here, so I thought I'd share it.

Spoiler
•••Spoiler:  If you only open the left door and don't allow the boss to see you, then you fight all the hammer guys first without triggering the boss. It does take a little shuffling of your hunters, but then you can just fight the boss by himself.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Charger Sniper for a more aggressive approach is probably about as good as Scout Sniper for a more defensive one. Massacre/Second Chance does sound amusing with a Sniper Rifle - but you need a good one without the accuracy boost from Support and full AP.

@Davegobe.

That's pretty funny. I always open one door just to get half my team in position behind the right pillar so that, on turn two, I have full AP to attack the boss when he sees me.

Still I wouldn't say it's abusive as much as it is entertaining - the final level is fun, but hardly difficult.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It seems like Rodeo has already moved on to their next big game (licensed, apparently), but a little love would go a long way toward smoothing out some rough edges in Hunters 2 and making it an evergreen title for TBS fans.

Some A/V bugs: music, but not sfx, occasionally cuts out midway through a mission. This is mostly cosmetic, I admit. However, the same also happens with visuals, forcing you to abort the mission and lose your progress. I've had this happen roughly five times on my third gen iPad... so a little less than 10% of the time. Thankfully, it's never happened very far into the mission.

Combat bugs:

1. As previously noted in this thread, Rocket Splash damage does not register under fog of war. It's a little annoying to blast a heavily armored target with two or three rockets, kill him, and have two new enemies revealed right behind him at full health. Splash damage from exploding enemies will register under fog of war, and this should too.

2. Miniguns cannot get a "sustained" result if fired on guard.

Not bugs, but nitpicks of presentation:

1. Why are talents on the left side of the talent screen explicit (i.e., +10/20/30 critical), but talents on the right side of the screen are vague (i.e., "a chance" - Cold Blood, Cripple Shot, Fleet Foot, Sentry, etc).

2. Why on earth does reaching level X remove your end of mission stats?

3. Can't fire hunters (flogging a dead horse here).

4. Daily missions aren't randomly generated. I've seen at least 10 exact duplicates at this point, and I'm nearing the point where more than half of each new set are repeats. I'm pretty sure there is pool of predefined missions that are made available in random batches of five. If that's true, why give us repeats at all until we've seen all of the content at least once?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

How are folks feeling about the level cap?

I like the current cap of 10 because it forces you to make very careful choices with your nine talent points. The higher the cap, the less difficult (and mutually exclusive) the choices become. That said, I'd favor a level cap increase to XII. I still think the leveling progression loses way too much momentum after level VI, though, so maybe an increase in the cap wouldn't matter if its going to take 600-700k per additional level.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
iPhone 4

@temozarela
'Offensive minded sniper'? That kinda defeats the purpose of sniping from afar... The shoot and duck tactic is always useful though.
Nevertheless, Scouting and Combat works well together for a variety of weapons. You can't go (too) wrong with the combination.
Just remember that he's a glass cannon with emphasis on the glass.

@JohnRayJr
Dunno if it's part of the game or not. Counterattack would've made a full Survival and heavy armor minigunner pretty OP if you put him on guard.

Don't mind the grind at all. Think it's to prevent your hunters from out-levelling loot and gear.

More daily mission variety would be nice.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

100% Resistance = immortal ?

I've been thinking: You can get armor with up to 50% resistance from the trade. Add 30% resistance from the skills, +15% from Survival, leaves you with 95% resistance.

I miss a Readme or Wiki about the functionality of Resistance.
How much damage is a resisted shot?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

When resistance triggers, you take 20% of normal damage. On hard, that often means 200-300 instead of 1000-1500. So not immortal, but pretty darn hard to kill.

I'm not sure how much you could abuse it. Leaving yourself open to attack from 1 or two enemies could still mean a half dozen attacks, and that will come close to killing an squadmate in light armor. Maybe with Regenerative armor you could be a little reckless; I haven't tried it out myself.

I'm not quite sure what I think of armor types in this game. The extra AP from light armor is really powerful. I'm not sure what would entice me to use medium or heavy armor.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRayJr View Post
When resistance triggers, you take 20% of normal damage. On hard, that often means 200-300 instead of 1000-1500. So not immortal, but pretty darn hard to kill.

I'm not sure how much you could abuse it. Leaving yourself open to attack from 1 or two enemies could still mean a half dozen attacks, and that will come close to killing an squadmate in light armor. Maybe with Regenerative armor you could be a little reckless; I haven't tried it out myself.

I'm not quite sure what I think of armor types in this game. The extra AP from light armor is really powerful. I'm not sure what would entice me to use medium or heavy armor.
Ah, thanks
I am currently playing it on Normal, and it's really interesting to get to know the various aspects of different specs.

I guess, it depends what kind of attacks you are trying to absorb?
Hammer? Shotgun? RPG?
You can always add 20% dodge to that, or 30% if you skip the regeneration, which would mean are pretty much unkillable.

as for armor: I prefer light for the general public, and medium for mercs with the scout tree, who are prone to get caught in enemy fire. My hammer dude is wearing heavy armor though.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

O_O

OMG.

Rodeo Games just announced their offical partnership with Games Workshop and their next game....

WARHAMMER FANTASY!!!!

http://t.co/077S2DHm

Drooling over the screenshots....
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 PM
iPhone 4

*Equips the entire roster with hammers*
WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Guess the assault rifle will be replaced by the Bolter .