★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Star Armada is a full real-time strategy space game (featuring units, structures, resources and adaptive AI).

Explore deep space, establish bases on planets, then build and command a fleet of spaceships as they engage the enemy in vast epic battles for dominance of the Universe!

Star Armada features an interface which is both powerful and flexible for controlling the destiny of your space empire!

Game features -
* 2 game modes - 'Planet Domination' (RTS) and 'Planet Survival' (planet defense)
* Choose to play map sizes 'Outer space' or 'Deep space'
* Select between 4 difficulty levels (from easy to brutal)
* Large randomly generated space maps
* Randomly generated content and AI tactics
* Multiple ship types from the dynamic Destroyer to the fearsome Dreadnought!
* Ships have multiple levels for upgrade for shield and damage attributes
* Customizable ship ordering system - engagement, targeting, damage control and power priority
* Ships gain XP points for leveling up to better classes for improved attributes!
* Multiple weapon types including missile launchers and laser cannons!
* Weapons have multiple levels of upgrade for firing and damage attributes
* Ships have multiple weapon slots that can be assigned different weapon combinations
* 10 structure types including the devastating Nuclear Missile super weapon!
* HD quality planets with unique abilities to help your fleet against the enemy
* Pause / un-pause the game at anytime and still issue ship commands and build facilities
* Navigable mini-map
* Zoom in / zoom out of the game world (5 levels of zoom)
* Varied and high quality GFX and SFX
* Detailed end-game stats breakdown for both game modes
* Save / continue game ability
* In-depth tutorial

Reading tutorial recommended.

Support - dancingcatdev@gmail.com

Yossarian's comments:
Star Armada is on sale!

*** FIRE SALE! ***
*** FROM $2.99 TO 0.99c! ***

Hello all,

There is a new RTS game available for both the iPhone / iPad (universal app) called Star Armada.

iTunes link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-armada/id510386886?ls=1&mt=8

Star Armada is a full real-time strategy game (featuring units, structures, resources and adaptive AI).

Explore deep space, establish bases on planets, then build and command a fleet of spaceships as they engage the enemy in vast epic battles for dominance of the Universe!

Star Armada features an interface which is both powerful and flexible for controlling the destiny of your space empire!

Game features -
* 2 game modes - 'Planet Domination' (RTS) and 'Planet Survival' (planet defense)
* Choose to play map sizes 'Outer space' or 'Deep space'
* Select between 4 difficulty levels (from easy to brutal)
* Large randomly generated space maps
* Randomly generated content and AI tactics
* Multiple ship types from the dynamic Destroyer to the fearsome Dreadnought!
* Ships have multiple levels for upgrade for shield and damage attributes
* Customizable ship ordering system - engagement, targeting, damage control and power priority
* Ships gain XP points for leveling up to better classes for improved attributes!
* Multiple weapon types including missile launchers and laser cannons!
* Weapons have multiple levels of upgrade for firing and damage attributes
* Ships have multiple weapon slots that can be assigned different weapon combinations
* 10 structure types including the devastating Nuclear Missile super weapon!
* HD quality planets with unique abilities to help your fleet against the enemy
* Pause / un-pause the game at anytime and still issue ship commands and build facilities
* Navigable mini-map
* Zoom in / zoom out of the game world (four levels of zoom)
* Varied and high quality GFX and SFX
* Detailed end-game stats breakdown for both game modes
* Save / continue game ability
* In-depth tutorial
03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Argh another rts without campain
Please add a campain!

03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
How many of these models were taken from AI War? I recognize one of them..

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
03-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Damn... Tried to get into the tutorial, but it's 50 PAGES! (also with no way to exit the tutorial unless you're on page 1... So when you reach the last page, you need to go back through the whole tutorial again to reach page 1 and then exit... Just a pain in the butt.

So... Just gonna wind up playing, and trying to learn as I go along...

Anyone find a video yet?

And if you're wondering, it's $2.99
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Found a video from the devs Twitter feed of the game running on an Android tablet. The interface looks about the same.

Another with actual gameplay:

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Looks okay I rather wait for Noble Armada though.

All Time Favorites:Super Crossfire HD
Playing:Dodonpachi:BD ,UMK3, KOF-i
Waiting for:fleetCOMM, Noble Armada, God of Blades
Follow me on Tumblr
03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Wow, how long has it been since we got our last RTS? This looks like it has a good amount of depth from the video. Really sucks there's neither multiplayer mode nor a campaign though. Well, LASW only had a skirmish mode too, and it turned out to be excellent. How does it compare?

Twitter: @back2this
03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
so far... there's no way in hell I would compare this to LASW.

You control a fleet of ships, and explore a map, looking for planets and enemy ships, which only pop up on the minimap when you're close to them...

the ships are not keeping my orders - when I tell them to attack and follow, use 30% weapon instead of 30% shield... they don't... they use their default orders... I've tried hitting the x and hitting the check, neither seems to work, it just resets to default no matter what...

and it seems like once you have one of your 3 main bigger ships destroyed, the ships don't listen to any of your orders at all... they just wind up flying around the map aimlessly no matter what you tell them to do...

as for the TD part of the game... you set up towers around a planet, and watch enemy ships fly towards it, being taken out by your towers... kind of like Space Station Frontier, but with a limited amount of towers, and you're not mining for anything...

To set up a tower, say... 5 squares away from the planet, you need to make a chain of towers reaching out to that square...

It just seems like a mess right now...

I did read the tutorial... (well... most of it...) - but even if I read and re-read it, I don't think the game would really be any better, as it seems to pretty much just do whatever it wants to ATM...
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks sv. Will pass on this one. It's kind of sad we don't have more quality RTS games on the iOS. I'd imagine devs would think the iPad would be perfect for them. But right now..Red Conquest (2009), LASW (2010), and Starfront (Jan. 2011) are pretty much the only "good" ones..still. I'd throw WI (2008) in there, but it feels way too outdated.

Twitter: @back2this
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd have to add Eufloria to that list... and maybe even Space Harvest.