★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: solipairs ... A new twist on solitaire

03-21-2012, 05:57 PM
solipairs ... A new twist on solitaire

This is my first app for the iPhone and iPod Touch (iOS 5.0 and above).

The object of the game is to go through the deck, one pair at a time. If you run out of cards, you win. If you run out of pairs, try again.

Addicting fun for the family.

Here are a few promo codes for version 1.0. If you try it out, let me know what you think.

WNKYRHEATEKX
E4WKAJMFXX63
LMKE4LTEP7FR
7ERTY6YKKF7R
F7MHMNTNAJR3

The last one from above is still available, but the rest have been used. Here are some more.

67XHY7K4W4R6
MJWKALRYRYRJ
H3PY4FH6FAXP
L94JM6YWPWMK
4KJRNKEJX7K9

Last edited by Darkmouse Software; 03-21-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: additional codes
03-21-2012, 06:36 PM

03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Grabbed LMKE4LTEP7FR... Thanks. Thoughts later.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Played the game a few times. It's a nice solitaire variant. Nothing Earth-shattering, but a nice little time waster.

You start by touch the first two sections and seeing the cards. If they are a match you can tap them and two more cards will appear. If they aren't a match you open up the third "stack" and see if you have a match. There are eight sections total and you just keep going until you don't have a match.

My best was to win the game only starting seven stacks. But more often than not I didn't win -- this meant I had eight cards face up and didn't have a single match.

The only real drawback to the game is that there isn't much strategy to it. But that does make it a good game for kids to play. My four year old had a good time looking for matches.

There were also times when I "won" but I really didn't get a chance to see it. Suddenly a prompt came up to tell me I had a high score and I didn't even realize that I had finished the game.

The game is what it is... A simple solitaire game with a little something different, but not much depth. More might be added by mixing in some achievements or possibly some different modes. For instance you could have a mode that used more than one deck. Or another mode that wasn't even matching, maybe it's something along the lines of a Pyramid game where you have to find cards that ascend or descend in order... possibly even mixing it up with a twist that only allows you to ascend or descend for the whole game.

Little things like this would keep the game on my device longer. As it stands now I can see it getting dropped. Not that it's a bad game, I just know better things will come along.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Played the game a few times. It's a nice solitaire variant. Nothing Earth-shattering, but a nice little time waster.

You start by touch the first two sections and seeing the cards. If they are a match you can tap them and two more cards will appear. If they aren't a match you open up the third "stack" and see if you have a match. There are eight sections total and you just keep going until you don't have a match.

My best was to win the game only starting seven stacks. But more often than not I didn't win -- this meant I had eight cards face up and didn't have a single match.

The only real drawback to the game is that there isn't much strategy to it. But that does make it a good game for kids to play. My four year old had a good time looking for matches.

There were also times when I "won" but I really didn't get a chance to see it. Suddenly a prompt came up to tell me I had a high score and I didn't even realize that I had finished the game.

The game is what it is... A simple solitaire game with a little something different, but not much depth. More might be added by mixing in some achievements or possibly some different modes. For instance you could have a mode that used more than one deck. Or another mode that wasn't even matching, maybe it's something along the lines of a Pyramid game where you have to find cards that ascend or descend in order... possibly even mixing it up with a twist that only allows you to ascend or descend for the whole game.

Little things like this would keep the game on my device longer. As it stands now I can see it getting dropped. Not that it's a bad game, I just know better things will come along.
Thanks QuickWit. I love the idea of achievements. I already had put in extra points if you get a three of a kind or a four a kind, but it is a much better idea to make those achievements.

I'll put that into version 2.0

In the mean time, try getting a 5 card royal flush on the board at any point during the game.
03-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Used H3PY4FH6FAXP

Thanks a lot! I will be checking this out tonight!
03-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Codes still available

These codes are still available for solipairs.

67XHY7K4W4R6
MJWKALRYRYRJ
L94JM6YWPWMK
4KJRNKEJX7K9
R3EF3AWA6LF6

03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Used MJWKALRYRYRJ

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!