★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Warfare: Alien Invasion $.99 ---> Free!

03-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Star Warfare: Alien Invasion $.99 ---> Free!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-warfare-alien-invasion/id486314228?mt=8

Awesome third person shooter, should definitely check it out since it's free for a limited time!
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM

03-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Know there's a pretty active group for this game on the forum, but I'm not big into multiplayer and only played the single player. Seemed kinda generic overall. Kind of a poor man's Nova, which of course was a poor man's Halo.

But I'm in the minority because it's getting rave reviews on the AppStore so doesn't hurt to give it a shot for those of you who haven't tried it.
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
I thought this game had always been free since it first became free?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I thought this game had always been free since it first became free?
Think you're right. It even says "Top 10 free game in 62 stores!!" in the description.
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
It was free for like a month or so once it was first released, and when the update came that added mithril drops from bosses (which was in the middle of Feb.) that it became a paid for game.

Yeah, I personally love the game..but their is still much left that needs to be added to give this game a more "completed" feeling. It feels more like this is still in beta testing. If you play the game you can tell...its not quite complete, but their is a lot of potential. I would totally pick this up while its still free, because here in a few more major updates it will be a solid paid-app game.
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I have a fully upgraded gun and suit but when I play a boss I only get 250 instead of getting 250,000!!! What's going on???? Also I had a team mate that had nothing upgraded or a good suit. He hid behind me and shot about 3 times!! He got 299,000 and I got only 200!!!!! What do I do to fix it I tried every thing?
04-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I played this daily from release until not long ago. It's a really good game with a few flaws in terms of pricing/IAP and in game earning of currency, and there's not a ton of content, but I stopped around when PvP was added so don't know how good that is. I do plan to play again, but got tired of the incredible grind saving up millions and millions for each upgrade to my gun. This is one of only three freemium games to ever draw me in for more than a buck or two

To respond to a few above posts (I don't feel like multiquoting and editing right now).
Yes offline play will get old pretty fast. Bosses are only available in online play (though you can still solo if you want).
This has been free a while. It is however still basically freemium. You can play for free and have fun and beat all the maps but if you want the best stuff, some of it will cost you real cash (unless you have eons to wait for the daily rewards and tiny in game drops of premium currency to get you enough for anything good), and be forewarned there are Glu-style expensive superweapons.

@cheeta2233
250 instead of 250,000 what? Bananas? What are you getting? As for the boss kill, rewards are a set amount (not affected by contribution to the battle) that decreases significantly each time you kill a boss within a day. It's only really worthwhile to kill a boss a couple times per day, then the reward is not worth the time compared to map grinding.
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Meh!!!!!
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
They should add a new online map that has capture the flag on it that would be awesome!!! It could be like if you get the flag and die the flag would stay there for ten seconds and if no one retrieved it then it would go back to its rightful place at its base.
They should make that on the online mode so like 1 person can guard the flag while 3 people go out and try to capture the other flag.

If you know how to tell the creators about this idea please do. That would be fun. I would play it twice as much.

So try to get this idea in one of the future updates.