★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **************************************************************
Featured as New and Noteworthy in the App Store

Jump into some addicting arcade action, figure out how to save all the bacteria around you, and navigate your way through the world of microbes today! Download Glow Worm and discover the thrills of cruising through micro-space through over fifteen diverse levels right now!

Glow Worm is a wildly exhilarating yet highly strategic new mobile arcade sensation that throws gamers behind the reigns of a neon colored glow worm, challenging them to look out for defenseless little bacteria balls and save them from the harsh,dangerous environments they just want to call home!

Glow Worm features gameplay thats intuitive and addicting - but that doesnt mean its a leisurely stroll in the micro-park:

Tough-screen controls help you pilot your Glow Worm orb, gather up bacteria microbes, and get them to the safety of your own molecular orb. The players Glow Worm attracts bacteria like a magnet when nearby, so collecting and toting them along is simple - but figuring out the right way to shepherd them to safety is anything but!

Youll need to avoid various lethal obstacles along the way, including oddly shaped micro-spaces and enemies that come in lots of shapes and sizes, ranging from pesky red cells to menacing rotating X cells, and more!

Players need to save a certain number of bacteria cells in each level in order to achieve victory and move on. To boot, since each of Glow Worms 18 maze-like levels are uniquely structured, gameplay is never anything short of fresh and exhilarating. Best yet, more levels are due to premiere in a microbe near you soon too!

This mobile blast gives iOS gamers a universe of addicting arcade fun - and it all fits into an epic, wildly stylized microscopic adventure! Dont wait, get your hands dirty & have a blast with Glow Worm!

Features:
Past paced, strategically minded arcade action!
18 awesomely unique, sequentially more challenging levels - with more on the way!
Intuitive, highly responsive multi-touch controls.
Intricate gameplay courtesy of a powerful in-game Physics engine.
Vibrantly styled, fluidly animated game graphics.

Glow Worm is developed by Angry Orange.

AngryOrange's comments:

Glow Worm

Description:

Jump into some addicting arcade action, figure out how to save all the bacteria around you, and navigate your way through the world of microbes today! Download Glow Worm and discover the thrills of cruising through micro-space through over fifteen diverse levels right now!

Glow Worm is a wildly exhilarating yet highly strategic new mobile arcade sensation that throws gamers behind the reigns of a neon colored glow worm, challenging them to look out for defenseless little bacteria balls and save them from the harsh,dangerous environments they just want to call home!

Trailer:

Screens from Glow Worm...

03-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryOrange View Post

Glow Worm

Description:

Trailer:
YouTube: video

Screens from Glow Worm...

really nice

Us AppStore New and Noteworthy

Last edited by AngryOrange; 03-24-2012 at 05:11 AM.

03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
i dun c it on the new and noteworthy section .-.

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
i dun c it on the new and noteworthy section .-.
You looking on the iPad? Cuz that looks like iPhone n&n
03-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
You looking on the iPad? Cuz that looks like iPhone n&n
Ahhh... gonna check now

Playlist
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Will wait on more imps. Anyone?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-24-2012, 05:38 PM
waiting for impressions too, thanks

I love this world!
03-24-2012, 07:39 PM
well i might as well just TOFTT...

will report soon

Playlist
03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Game Impressions

OK so... no screen rotation... home button is to the right.... with my ipad's cover, this is a bit of a problem

game play is just what you guys saw in the video...

you are the glow worm... that orb like thing that(obviously) glows...

you have a limited amount of power that's used to tow around all the microbes around the level

your goal is to tow every microbe to the spawn area without touching the viruses... and i mean EVERY microbe... just 1 gets destroyed and you better restart the stage cuz ull just waste ur time if u keep on going

patience is key... and a LOT of patience...

Also of note, there seems to be only 18 levels... someone dedicated might blow trough this in 1 hour or so...

HONESTLY, im not having too much fun here... im mostly getting pissed off... not my type of game... but at least it looks pretty and the music is nice

Side Note: Please take into consideration that my patience level is pretty low... so that might explain why i didn't like this game much.

Playlist

Last edited by Drexiel; 03-24-2012 at 08:20 PM.
03-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Game Impressions

While i really like the Concept overall I absolutely hate the fact that it seems like the Developer doesn`t spent enough Time for polishing:
  • There is a Bug that makes the Buttons not working after you have played the Game for a few Minutes = Plotstopper!
  • The Level Design has a few holes where you won`t be able to finish a Level because the Microbes won`t get count even all of them have reached the Spawn Point.

I could keep writing this list forever but I`m currently done with the Game and my only advise for the Developer is to pulled the Game from the Appstore and spent enough Time to fix all those Bugs/Glitches/... and then do a Re-Launch because this Game does deserve better.