★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chaos spreads over the earth. Savage monsters run wild. A once peaceful village collapses under the turmoil. All hope is lost But waita brave young monster tamer survives. Those he cannot tame, he must destroy. He is a monster's worst enemy, and the world's only hope... Let the adventure begin!

Control the tamer through mystical zones and face off with many monsters in battle adventures.During battle, monsters you dont slaughter can be captured to become the tamers personal attack force. Capture as many types of monsters as possible for a complete collection!

Tame,breed,raise,or exterminate monsters. You decide. Don't miss this realtime battle strategy game

Features:
Almost 50 previously unseen monsters to capture or kill. You decide!
Bring captured monsters back to the ranch for taming and training. Then bring them back into battle with the Tamer!
Collect flesh and bones of slain monsters to feed your captured monsters.
Each unique monster has different different skills. Select up to 3 monsters to accompany you into battle.
Many unique battle zones guarantee you a new adventure each time.
Each set of battle zones is protected by its own giant monster boss.
Richly detailed scrolling environments for immersive battle and game play.
Supports Bluetooth and Game Center connections methods for creating powerful monster breeds and friendship badges.
Spectacular graphics bring your retina display to life!

Game Video: http://goo.gl/OiPQ3

goiMot's comments:

03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Anyone playing this?

This game has piqued my interest, but there's no review on iTunes yet.

I don't have to play it today, so I won't buy it right now. Any opinion is welcome.

03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Same devs that made Mystical Gem, a pretty decent Battleheart clone. Mystical Gem went free a few days after launch, and had a ton of iAP, so you might want to wait a bit on this one.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-22-2012, 06:21 PM
This looks interesting. Anyone have some first impressions?
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
SHould i take the bait and try this game out? Only 99 cents at the moment. Will there be any IAPs?
03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Same devs that made Mystical Gem, a pretty decent Battleheart clone. Mystical Gem went free a few days after launch, and had a ton of iAP, so you might want to wait a bit on this one.
I picked up the HD version to try on the iPad. It's also $.99 at the moment. Here are some quick first impressions:

- The Battleheart influence is very obvious, but not in a bad way. The game uses 3D assests, but the battle map you use during the tutorial is essentially the same kind of arena. Attacking enemies and using special powers is very familiar as well. The difference seems to lie in how you build and improve your team.

- Instead of hiring characters in a town, you have to capture monsters during a fight or buy them in a town. Here, the influence is very obviously of the Pokemon variety. You've got to capture monsters, use them in battles, and train and evolve them. I have no idea how many of them exist. The 'Germ' I captured to start is a cool little lizard. I imagine it'll be fun to tame and level these pets, as Pokemon fans might imagine.

- The tamer's skills are leveled up like the pets, burning experience to do so. The skills look geared toward buffing up your troops in various ways. It looks like you can have many abilities, but can only 'bring' a certain number with you.

- There appears to be some multiplayer involved as well, though I haven't tried it. Two options seem to exist: the breeding area and the tamer bar.

- IAP: There are some IAP to purchase in-game gold: 6000 for $99, 15000 for $1.99, or 40000 for $2.99. The remainder of the items in the store for me are purchased using gold. The IAP items are clearly labelled with a $ currency, and occupy the first few slots in the store. Nothing crazy here.

- As for getting to battles, there appears to be various map levels. The first is called Ice Fields, and shows 10 maps. The last is marked as dangerous (I assume), and will probably involve a boss monster. I imagine I'll be expected to do some grinding on each map to get ready for the big bad at the end. If I had to guess, there appears to be 4 such locales. I'd guess 40 stages in all.

I can't comment on the game play, but hopefully this will fill in some blanks for you all. It certainly seems like a mash-up of Pokemon and Battleheart. That's a pretty interesting idea that I'll gladly pay $.99 to explore. The price will increase soon I believe, so it's worth a shot if you're tempted.
03-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateofalcone View Post
I can't comment on the game play, but hopefully this will fill in some blanks for you all. It certainly seems like a mash-up of Pokemon and Battleheart. That's a pretty interesting idea that I'll gladly pay $.99 to explore. The price will increase soon I believe, so it's worth a shot if you're tempted.
So... How is it? Played much of it yet?

Is anyone else going to TOFTT and dive on this?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
What is TOFTT?

Im going to pick it up. It looks like a 5-10 dollars title to me and for a 99 cents title, it certainly beat paying arcade 50 cents for each try.
03-22-2012, 09:38 PM

Ontopic:

I`ll give it a Try.

Offtopic:

TOFTT = Try one for the Team

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-22-2012 at 11:28 PM.
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Im thinking of getting this too but im not really feeling strategy games right now. It's like everytime i play a strategy game, i just end up being bored. Most especially TD games. I dunno... There was a time TD was everything I was playing, then it just died out.

These days platformers and runners are the sh*t for me. I cant stop playing platformers and runners like it's an addiction.

With that said, im still a little hesitant to get this title.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword