★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Draw Something 250 grand a day how?

03-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Draw Something 250 grand a day how?

How does this app maker make 250 grand a day?

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...re.asp?c=39092
03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Because, just like words with friends, it's a familiar board/party game that people know combined with the convenience of stuffing it in your pocket and people like that.

Right or wrong personally in that position I would sell out to Zynga - I get the feeling if I didn't they'd just clone me and stamp me out, leaving me with close to nothing anyway. My ideals say otherwise, but I don't pay my rent in ideals...

03-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireality View Post
Because, just like words with friends, it's a familiar board/party game that people know combined with the convenience of stuffing it in your pocket and people like that.

Right or wrong personally in that position I would sell out to Zynga - I get the feeling if I didn't they'd just clone me and stamp me out, leaving me with close to nothing anyway. My ideals say otherwise, but I don't pay my rent in ideals...
True about stamp out but this does not explain exactly HOW they make this 250 grand a day I suppose it is with ads?
What are the game play rules?

Last edited by pinkandpurple; 03-22-2012 at 07:20 AM.
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
There's millions (and millions) of users, a paid version & free Add version. IAP to buy bombs and new colours. All that = massive $$$

It's incredibly popular mate and it's awesome. No mystery where the money comes from imo.

Check out my upcoming game Juice Jumpers

Follow me on Twitter
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
if you are atop the app store in 1st place, you are getting seen by millions of eyes. You are getting.. I didn't even know how many purchases a day. Hundreds of thousands of downloads for top spot? Then the IAP translates into a sizeable amount of daily cash as well.

Since they've got the free list topped as well, they are getting that many more impressions on their ads, and they do banner ads & fullscreen ads. When you only get a couple thousand impressions/day that's like $2 if you are lucky but if you are getting a couple million impressions - also, having the route to IAP in there.. well, you can do the math.
03-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandpurple View Post
True about stamp out but this does not explain exactly HOW they make this 250 grand a day I suppose it is with ads?
What are the game play rules?
Why don't you download it and try it?
03-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
if you are atop the app store in 1st place, you are getting seen by millions of eyes. You are getting.. I didn't even know how many purchases a day. Hundreds of thousands of downloads for top spot? Then the IAP translates into a sizeable amount of daily cash as well.

Since they've got the free list topped as well, they are getting that many more impressions on their ads, and they do banner ads & fullscreen ads. When you only get a couple thousand impressions/day that's like $2 if you are lucky but if you are getting a couple million impressions - also, having the route to IAP in there.. well, you can do the math.
Do they use jsut 1 ad network? IF so what is it?
I might try Hodapp I saw some Youtube vids
Also what are the bombs used for please?
03-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Paid version?

What is the difference between paid version and free please?
03-23-2012, 06:28 AM
game

Is this like a game where people play against each other?
03-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Dude, it's free to play. Try it instead of waiting hours for people to respond about game mechanics.