★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PLAYBEAN
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 88.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** 1.0.5 Update ***

- When making the profile can take 9000Coins + 50 Shiled($5.99 Value)

- Plus version will continuously update the contents in game such as game modes.

:::::::::::: REVIEWERS :::::::::::::

I absolutely LOVE this game! The trilogy is brilliant!
- Mijinari

This is one of the most challenging games I've ever played. The graphic is great
- Ta_The_Barber

Awesome game! Reminds me of the good ole' days of SNES!
- Thedonkillum

So good can use a little graphic design adjustments but other than that get it
- Latinboy17

Game is a replica of a classic arcade game, but way better with the upgrade tree. Good times comin'!!!
- 4theloss

World-class sound, detailed graphics, and spectacular effects AstroWings2 !!

# How to Play

- Combat: Touch and move
Just touch the screen to move your fighter in the desired direction.

- Switch weapons/Use items: Touch the corresponding buttons.
Touch the icons on the left and right side of the screen to use items or switch weapons.

# Features

* 13 stages of increasing difficulty level

* Catch a real fun of the multi ending in each mode!

* Various enemy units

* 4 upgrade levels and 8 different weapons

* World-class sound, detailed graphics, and spectacular effects

* 4 different difficulty modes

* Boss battle in the final 13th stage

* Easy controls: just touch and move!

* Ranking System: Compete against players around the globe.

Tips of enjoying Space Odyssey More!

The most difficult thing in life is know myself.
Set the right difficulties for you

If you clear the final stage, theres a special sound for you
All you get to do is CHALLENGE!!

TheAppsGames : You develop it, We'll publish it

Contact US
facebook : http://www.facebook.com/playbean
e-mail : help@playbean.co.kr

strivemind's comments:

03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
I have your first game and thought it was pretty good. I'll probably toftt but would like to see a video on iPad, preferably on ipad3. Sanuku?

03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
This looks like a good shmup.
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Bought. *Might* post impressions soon.
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
I have your first game and thought it was pretty good. I'll probably toftt but would like to see a video on iPad, preferably on ipad3. Sanuku?
I`m on it...

Will be soon back...
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I`m on it...

Will be soon back...
You da Man!
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Putting good points aside, I'll just talk about that bad first:

Replenishable health system - you have to pay 100 coins to refill your health, which is NOT refilled upon death. This means replaying levels after death without refilling health will leave you on the blink of death.
*Each defeated enemy on the first level gives 1 coin. Do da math yourself.

Repetitive background music loop that cannot be separately turned off. And no iPod support.
Good points:

Weapon upgrade and unlocks. Cost quite a hefty amount but the effect is noticeable.
O.k. graphics. Enemies are hardly animate at all. Explosion effects are nice though.
Hit box is larger than CAVE but smaller than you'd expect from a shmup. In the end, it just feels alright.
Nice bullet patterns - pretty easy to recognize safe passages and whatnot. The player is not *overwhelmed* with bullets (but it can get quite thick on Insane).
Relative touch.

The 3 ships differ in terms of firepower bonus/defense + health. Offense type ship has 50% more firepower and -50% defense and HP compared to standard. Defensive ship is the exact opposite.

Last edited by gunxsword; 03-23-2012 at 04:11 PM.
03-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Game Impressions

03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Hmm.. I'm a complete sucker for a good shmup, and as I recall, the first one in this series was a pretty decent one, and it's universal.
And another plus for me, it doesn't look like its a BulletHell game, which I'm getting extremely tired of.
I just want a good Shoot'Em'Up.

However, after GunXsword's impression I'm really on the fence until I get more impressions from someone who has played long enough to tell us if the IAp's are required to stand a chance at all..

Man, I hate IAp.
I would rather pay triple the given price up front than being forced to use IApp in a game..

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

Last edited by Bytebrain; 03-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.
03-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Technically, everything in this game except resurrection is obtainable through normal gameplay.

However, seeing as how upgrade costs increase by 500 coin per level, health and bomb costs 100 coins per purchase and enemies drop 1 coin per kill, it's hard not to think that IAP is being forced down the player's throat.

Plus, stages take some minutes to complete. This only makes the grinding more time-consuming than I'd like it to be.

Purely gameplay wise, this is a pretty good shmup. Just expect some high priced item + grind if you're not skilled enough to whittle down the boss' HP without extra firepower.