Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Alijon Alijon is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alijon View Post
I am stuck on the icy slopes. Cannot get past the second snowball. Is there some way to destroy it, or is there an alternative route in the pest cave? I found one chest there but couldn't see anyway to go further.
I'm still stuck here. Can anyone please tell me how to get past this rolling snowball?


And in answer to the question about the boss in the flaming cave place. You have to grapple him down and quickly jump to hit him. It takes timing to do it and you have to be patient. He will drop balls of MP power so you can pick these up to replenish your magic. Also, don't fire at him when he's directly above you as he tends not to come close enough to hit him. You can also try firing twice in quick succession. Most of the time I miss hitting him. But it's easy enough to stay healthy!

The problem I have is the next stage of this battle. At 50% health he brings in fireballs that roll in from each side, and makes two small platforms. But he hits you off those and I end up dying...
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 AM
OxfordRob OxfordRob is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18
Default Lair of Death - There has to be something I am missing?

This has been doing my head in for days now and I have finally given up and headed here for some guidance. I am 98% complete and for the life of me can not get even close to beating the bad guy in the Lair of death. I can use •••Spoiler:  dark magic which has him then come down to my level but how do you hack at him without getting wasted?

The closest I got to beating him was 46% health on his part and •••Spoiler:  The platform had given way to one small pillar left

Any help please as I am so stuck here. It seems a shame to have got so far and not finish.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,957
Default

I don't even use the dimension shift while fighting him. I find hitting back his own fireballs is a damn effective tactic and poses a lot less risk. Once he gets hit enough, he drops down too and you can use this to come close and hack and slash.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can mix it up with aiming a grapple at him between his fireball attacks - it does some damage and mana shouldn't be a concern.
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Deadwiththewind Deadwiththewind is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I don't even use the dimension shift while fighting him. I find hitting back his own fireballs is a damn effective tactic and poses a lot less risk. Once he gets hit enough, he drops down too and you can use this to come close and hack and slash.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can mix it up with aiming a grapple at him between his fireball attacks - it does some damage and mana shouldn't be a concern.
What did you think of the walkthrough?
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Deadwiththewind Deadwiththewind is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordRob View Post
This has been doing my head in for days now and I have finally given up and headed here for some guidance. I am 98% complete and for the life of me can not get even close to beating the bad guy in the Lair of death. I can use •••Spoiler:  dark magic which has him then come down to my level but how do you hack at him without getting wasted?

The closest I got to beating him was 46% health on his part and •••Spoiler:  The platform had given way to one small pillar left

Any help please as I am so stuck here. It seems a shame to have got so far and not finish.
I usually just use the rift magic against him, and beat him up until the fireballs come out then I go back to normal, then return to rift, rinse and repeat. When he is on the ground, I waste no time and just sword attack him. At this point I had maxed all stats.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Nshager Nshager is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwiththewind View Post
Alright here we go, this is my first attempt we'll see how it comesmout, if I missed anything please tell me and I'll get it added if it's reasonable.




I might add locations that need a specific magic to get to the next level such as bomb to proceed, or the grapple, or rift... Tell me what ya think
Great job. This should help quite a few people.
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Nshager Nshager is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alijon View Post
I'm still stuck here. Can anyone please tell me how to get past this rolling snowball?


And in answer to the question about the boss in the flaming cave place. You have to grapple him down and quickly jump to hit him. It takes timing to do it and you have to be patient. He will drop balls of MP power so you can pick these up to replenish your magic. Also, don't fire at him when he's directly above you as he tends not to come close enough to hit him. You can also try firing twice in quick succession. Most of the time I miss hitting him. But it's easy enough to stay healthy!

The problem I have is the next stage of this battle. At 50% health he brings in fireballs that roll in from each side, and makes two small platforms. But he hits you off those and I end up dying...
It's really no more than timing. However, here's 2 tips:
•••Spoiler:  Double jump straight up. Jumping at an angle does not give you the required height.

Also, there are a few spots going up this mountain where the ground is 'more horizontal'. It is easier to clear the boulders at those spots.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Nshager Nshager is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjcryer View Post
I am having difficulty with the room in the great caves (the red caves) in the room with 4 exits... Each exit takes me to the opposite corner so there seems to be no way through... Is there a trick to this? A pattern? Or am I just wasting my time in here?
•••Spoiler:  Watch the torches on the wall.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Nshager Nshager is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiscir View Post
Hello all.
First post!
I wonder I anyone can help me: I've finished the storyline, got all the treasures, and my map has no blank spots. I also have all the achievements, except one: ‘explorer’. Why hasn't this been awarded to me, when there are no new places for me to go on the map? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sometimes a room on the map is comprised of several rooms. Make sure you go in all of the houses, and have completely explored the great caves.
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
wwstevens wwstevens is offline
Junior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ponce,pr
Posts: 16
Default

Any guidance on how to defeat the last boss(At the World End). I did it once but when i saw the opposite character.. it kill me fast.Pls I need HELP.

Last edited by wwstevens; 04-03-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent