★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wind Up Robots $0.99 -> FREE

03-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Wind Up Robots $0.99 -> FREE

03-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
This is one of my favorite defense games... Definitely worth snaggin while it's free!

03-24-2012, 08:28 AM
i still remember that the developers ran a competition here in the forum to match robot pictures with their abilities.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
This game never clicked with me. Definitely try it though. Very fresh concept.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Tried it and like the concept, but it's hard. Don't think it's supposed to be. It's just the movement of the robots is difficult to control to the point of frustration. Probably should give it more of a chance
03-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
This game never clicked with me. Definitely try it though. Very fresh concept.
Yeah, cool concept, not so great execution. First of all, the premise is very sweet, a cool Toy Story-esque theme, but the amount of grinding/money required to power up your bots in order to be truly effective is too much to ask of players, and the gameplay itself isn't all that exciting, in spite of the coolness of being able to move your bots around.

Again, lots of cool ideas there, but it needs quite a bit of polishing. Hope this receives another pass by the developer. It seems to deserve it.
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
this game is not compatible with me...returning to Gem Keeper, thank for the thread anyway

I love this world!
03-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Tried it and like the concept, but it's hard. Don't think it's supposed to be. It's just the movement of the robots is difficult to control to the point of frustration. Probably should give it more of a chance
^This. I found the controls to be more frustrating that enjoyable but the overall idea of the game is awesome. Some may be more adept to this style of game than me and I don't want to sway anyone from trying it, especially for free. Too many other games to play that I enjoy more. I'd love to hear others loving it though because I really wanted to. =)

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-24-2012, 11:04 PM
I really enjoyed this game when I picked it up. I only played on iPad, but the controls seemed fine. I haven't played in a while but I think I got more than my money's worth, and I may well play again some time.
03-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I really enjoyed this game when I picked it up. I only played on iPad, but the controls seemed fine. I haven't played in a while but I think I got more than my money's worth, and I may well play again some time.
I could see that it might work better on an iPad with more screen area to work with. But, at least for me, the controls were a pain in the ass on an iPhone. Very difficult to get the robots deployed and going in the right direction. Honestly, I didn't even make it past the first level.