★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: AC-130 Spectre is out !

05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Send a message via ICQ to NiclasW
AC-130 Spectre is out !

AC-130 Spectre ...is out!
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315615268&mt=8

2011, a mysterious armed movement beings to lead frequent attacks against military and civilian facilities on the border of Pakistan and India. Both countries accuse each other and threaten nuclear retaliation following the escalating confrontations on the border. The public also blames the U.S. for appeasing the other side.

Currently at the critical moment of its war against terrorism, the U.S. cannot risk the outbreak of war between the two countries. As a result, the Pentagon sends an AC-130 in collaboration with the PWC Special Tactical Unit secretly hired by the government to investigate the issue. They are authorised the use of force under necessary circumstances.

Now it is up to you to take control over the deadliest weapon in the sky, to restore peace and order to the region.

Game features:
- Amazing 3D graphics with night vision, smoke and clouds
- Deliver death from above over 10 different stages
- 3 different weapon systems at your disposal
- Option to chose between between touch or tilt control

Last time ago I saw this Picture on Flickr!

"Now THIS would be an awesome iPhone app.
Death From Above, IN YOUR POCKET!

Just imagine:

Control the cross hairs with your finger. Easily switch between 25mm, 40mm, and 105mm quickly with your thumb, double tap on the screen to fire, or trail your finger across for the 25mm rapid fire. Climb the leader boards for highest kills in set amount of time.

I say I’d much rather do this than pop virtual bubble wrap. Who’s with me?
Any iPhone devs out there up to the challenge?"

Anyone try this?! I think this App is the Answer of that Flickr Picture.
Youtube link | Pop Up

It seem to have a lot of fun!

Last edited by salsamd; 05-17-2009 at 07:50 PM.
05-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Link :
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315615268&mt=8

Looks interesting, but I wish it was in colour I might pick it up if it has good reviews.

10chars

05-15-2009, 08:17 AM
That last image is totally misleading. It's just a shot from CoD4 pasted on to an iPhone. You can tell the difference from the actual screenshots. From the screenshots they provided it doesn't look great.
05-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Yes this App is the Answer of that Picture from CoD4.
So it could be good?! Anyone try this out?!
05-15-2009, 08:23 AM
The game looks quite good to me, I've alway been a fan of the Spectres, but I don't think I'll pick it up, $2.99 is a bit much for this I think.
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorero View Post
The game looks quite good to me, I've alway been a fan of the Spectres, but I don't think I'll pick it up, $2.99 is a bit much for this I think.
Does seem a little expensive without there being a lite version to try first. I love the Spectre mission in COD4, so this is a very probable buy for me in the near future if a lite version comes out first OR if it gets good reviews. For now, I'll wait.

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in the closet.
05-15-2009, 09:17 AM
I took a chance and purchased this app. I have to say I'm very impressed. The graphics are stunning/smooth and the controls are perfect. It is remarkably similar to the COD4 mission and I reckon if your remotely enjoyed that you will enjoy this app. Only cons are that it is quite short and I found it very easy. I think its a bit pricey considering the amount of content in this app, (took me about 120mins to complete) but I don't regret the purchase one bit. Overall its a very polished app and I would give it about 8/10.
05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I think I'd like to see a game play video
05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Interesting!
Yes, a gameplay video will be very nice
...I would purchase it when its good!
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kif View Post
I took a chance and purchased this app. I have to say I'm very impressed. The graphics are stunning/smooth and the controls are perfect. It is remarkably similar to the COD4 mission and I reckon if your remotely enjoyed that you will enjoy this app. Only cons are that it is quite short and I found it very easy. I think its a bit pricey considering the amount of content in this app, (took me about 120mins to complete) but I don't regret the purchase one bit. Overall its a very polished app and I would give it about 8/10.
The CoD Mission was really easy too. I think I'm gonna check this one out later. Thanks for your review^^