★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Potpourrii from Chillingo is out...

05-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Potpourrii from Chillingo is out...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313481612&mt=8

Just saw this twittered and couldn't see a thread for it. It's only 0.59p so might give it a bash later today.

On second thoughts I just found out it's also a wiiware game and only scored 5/10 on ign. Come on Chillingo, you usually pick the wheat from the chaff.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/910/910321p1.html

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker

Last edited by PrivateJoker; 05-15-2009 at 08:21 AM.
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Hmm... any gameplay video?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
it looks like polished "match (insert any number here) in rotating something" I played when I had my previous mobile...

... actually gameplay video would be nice, howewer there is wii gameplay in the review

what's the twist with seasons?

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
05-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
what's the twist with seasons?
From the IGN page: "Unlike most Match Three games, like colors don't match up and disappear. Instead, the idea is to chain up similar colors, then remove them with the one color that will remove them. The game pieces are based upon the four seasons of the year, with the succeeding season overtaking the preceding one: Spring removes Winter, Winter removes Fall, Fall removes Summer, and Summer, you guessed it, takes out Spring."
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
ouch... I just skimmed the text to watch video

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
ouch... I just skimmed the text to watch video
hehe, wasn't tryin to be mean, i do that too, but the text caught my eye and i thought it was really a strange concept
05-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holliberry View Post
hehe, wasn't tryin to be mean
I know, I was laughing at myself, thanks for your responce

I just loved this kind of games back then and was wondering until now why there is no such a game for iPhone... but I was so used to "match (number) pattern" that gameplay video was unobvious to me (why different colors? ice in the water don't obstruct anything?)...

I will buy Potpourrii sometime this weekend...