★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Marble mash free

08-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Marble mash free

I just went on to the app store, and found that Marble Mash not Marble Mash Lite was available for free. I don't see how it could be a glitch... But in their app description it says "For a Limited time 1.99." So don't know. They're probably just playing there old, get the downloads up high so they can switch it over to the paid apps side.
08-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Perhaps, but I'll be damned if I'm going to install any of that Jirbo filth on my iPhone. I've got almost $200 worth of games (about 45-50 apps) but not one of them is Jirbo. I don't know what it is about them that really rubs me the wrong way, but perhaps it's a combination of things. Decidedly UN-cute, concocted characters drawn in a pathetic attempt to copy Japanese characters (plus the whole trend-whore vector thing) in addition to the fact that they renamed ALL of their apps with leading spaces to take first place in the App Store when sorting alphabetically, oh and the fact that on launch day, every other app in the store was their crap (with that ridiculous, contrived name - another failed attempt at cute).

Whatever. I wouldn't even install that trash on my phone if they paid me.
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
When I searched on this game title the search page said the app was free, however when I went to the download page the app was listed at $1.99.
08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneisch View Post
When I searched on this game title the search page said the app was free, however when I went to the download page the app was listed at $1.99.
Given their history (renaming their apps to be first in the list) I wouldn't be surprised if they were somehow trying to scam people by changing their pricing so frequently the App Store (in its current state) cannot keep up. In other words, the app says "FREE" on the overview/results page, but they have actually just changed the pricing to $X.XX (which you can't actually see unless you click on the app name to get the details screen) ... So you click BUY NOW thinking the app is free, but you're actually charged. Sneaky, crooked developers - gotta love 'em.
08-08-2008, 10:48 PM
marble mash free

yes the game was free. only for a couple hours i guess. i thought ied take the chance and download it and suprisingly it was free. maybe the guy did a mistake or something. i thought it was 2 good to believe.