★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GarageGames
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Marble Blast Mobile transports you to a futuristic astrolabe arena suspended high in the clouds. Race your marble through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to complete each course in record time. Play alone or compete head to head in multiplayer mode and race your friends to collect the most gems.

Features

* Marble Blast gameplay on iPhone & iPod Touch devices
* 20 levels to complete with 10 multiplayer-playable levels
* Play multiplayer against up to 4 friends in head-to-head matches
* Record best times and try for the gold medal for each level
* Use power-ups to enhance the abilities of your marble
* Select from 16 marble designs to use in-game

skamando's comments:
NOW ONLY 5$

The famous marble game is finally on the iphone!!! The old game Marble Blast by GarageGames has been tweaked for the iphone, and upgraded with multiplayer from marble blast online.

Marble Blast Mobile

Quote:
Marble Blast Mobile transforms your iPhone into a futuristic astrolab arena suspended high in the clouds. Race your marble through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to complete each course in record time. Play alone or compete head to head in multiplayer mode and race your friends to collect the most gems.

Play any of the 20 single player levels and race to get a bronze, silver or gold time for that level. Collect the gems in the level and race to the finish!

You can also take your marble skills online in the first real-time multiplayer action game on the iPhone. Play any of the 10 multiplayer levels and compete with your friends to see who can collect the most gems before time runs out.
Official page:

http://www.garagegames.com/products/marble-blast-mobile

Hands on video:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/mar...obile-hands-on

iTunes Link
This game looks pretty good. The XBLA edition is very fun. $10 is still a little pricey.

05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
The game mechanics are VERY smooth. Multiplayer is a blast... some serious ball-on-ball action.

I just wish they would add some additional single player levels, and create a global high scores list.

Graphics are great.

It's definitely a tough sell at the $10 range, but if you enjoyed Marble Blast Ultra on the XBox360, then I'm sure you will have a blast with this game.

05-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Halve the price and I'm interested but for 10 this just doesn't stack up against NFS or Tiger Woods for my money. Holding out for a sale.

Jamie.
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I think its a bit overpriced hope they lower the price soon
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
The XBLA version is $5, why is the mobile version $10?
05-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
The XBLA version is $5, why is the mobile version $10?
Better yet, the XBLA version contains 60 levels - The ipod touch version has 20 levels.

Sounds a little crazy.

Now seeing Marble Blast, Anyone know if Garage games is going to bring Orbz to the app store?
05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
What a terrible pricing strategy. Include less levels, less impressive graphics, and less features than it's XBLA counterpart, but charge twice the price. Great idea!

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow this was seriously my most played game on the Xbox 360, not just arcade game but overall. I just about jumped out of my seat when I saw this was out for Ipod and even though I would probably pay $20 for this game, I am going to have to wait for a price cut for the sole reason that I know there are not going to be a lot of people getting this game, meaning there will be no one to play with on multiplayer which is arguably the best part. Come on GarageGames, at least have an introductory price to get people talking about it and build a little community. Poor choice by the developer IMO.
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Loool. I have this on the Xbox360, nice starting price. Paying more to get less! Thats one good deal!
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Unless this game comes down drastically in price, I'll just hold off for a true port of Marble Madness. And if that never comes, I'll stick with Hydro Tilt. I'm still rooting for Marble Madness, though...

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre