★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pub Quiz - infinite questions?

05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Pub Quiz - infinite questions?

This new trivia game called Pub Quiz attracted my attention today:

http://appshopper.com/games/pub-quiz

I love the quiz machines you get in pubs and if this is similar to them then it could be very good.

What really caught my eye with this one though is the statement in the description about the questions being regularly updated - if the dev actually sticks to that pledge then it could really extend the shelf life of this game. Trivia games get pretty dull when you've gone through all the questions.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah it looks good, but I don't see anything that really makes it stand out from many other good .99 trivia games in the store, and this one is $4

05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Freedog, what .99 trivia games would you recommend? I love the pub quiz / general knowledge type games but haven't picked any up yet in the App Store.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Try the new .99 one called Double Quiz
05-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi guys,

Just stumbled across this thread and thought we would give you a reply.

I'm lead developer on Pub Quiz which we have recently released.

I can assure you that we are already working on updating our questions, although it won't be in the next release (which is scheduled for next week), this addresses some other bugs and question errors. However it is scheduled for version 1.2.

We do realize that we've priced it slightly higher than some of the other quizzes but with that we hope that we bring much added value. For instance Double Quiz as suggested has 1000 questions, we have nearly 3x that already and ours are structured by difficulty.

We are after a long term strategy and we'd love to hear of any feedback or ideas you guys might have?

Rob
Realistic IT
05-18-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm a bit confuddled as to what a "Pub" quiz is? Is this a UK term?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-18-2009, 06:46 AM
In the UK we often have 'Pub Quizzes' in which teams compete against each other in a general knowledge quiz, typically held in pubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
I'm a bit confuddled as to what a "Pub" quiz is? Is this a UK term?
05-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Aha, thanks. I think I've seen something like this played on tv screens at a local bar I go to. The patrons have these little computer thingamabobbers in front of them.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Yep, those machines are very popular in UK pubs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
Aha, thanks. I think I've seen something like this played on tv screens at a local bar I go to. The patrons have these little computer thingamabobbers in front of them.