★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ace Tennis Online

11-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Ace Tennis Online

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=296268908&mt=8

it may not be as pretty as Touch Sports Tennis, but the controls may be a bit better. I'm still evaluating both titles, but based on a little bit of play, this one seems to react more to tilting controls.

anyone else try it yet?

Also online multiplayer - but no one else is there yet.

arn
11-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Wish this came out earlier . I'm outta money to buy this. But i did bought touchsports one, and it's really disappointing

11-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up Arn. Could you elaborate more on the controls please. How do you control where you want to be on the court, where to hit the ball, and what type of shot you want?
Thanks.
11-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Thanks for the heads up Arn. Could you elaborate more on the controls please. How do you control where you want to be on the court, where to hit the ball, and what type of shot you want?
Thanks.
controls are very much like touchsports.

you tilt to direct the ball, but also depending on if you lean forward or up, you can adjust the shot further. see screenshot.

my impression is if you flick it quicker, it helps, but that may be my imagination. It's not perfect. I'm still left wondering sometimes why/how a shot is out of bounds vs not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tennis.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	124  
11-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Thank you. I may hold on till some reviews appear and I'd like to see it in action.
11-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Wow. That's so ironic haha. In the touchsports tennis thread, somone suggested that they tilt forward/backward to do a dropshot/lob. I'll stick to touchsports tennis though, it's prettier
11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Price dropped to 99 cents!
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGewappnet View Post
Price dropped to 99 cents!
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I am getting it now (59p here in the UK)! I bet everyone who has already bought it for 3 is gonna be mighty p!ssed. I feel for you, and it is unfair for the developer to change it's price so early. However I have to take advantage of this low price.
11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I just got it - it's a good game and multiplayer will make it great

I'm a little confused by the tilt controls though. I followed the help instructions but couldn't tell a difference. How do I use them and what they do exactly?
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
I'm a little confused by the tilt controls though. I followed the help instructions but couldn't tell a difference. How do I use them and what they do exactly?
Just played my first go. It's pretty decent so far. Vende, where ever you tap on the court, your player will walk towards your thumb and stop when you let go. They will hit the ball automatically if in the right place, and hit it in the direction you are tilting your device at that time. Simple.

NOTE TO TOUCH OWNERS: When I loaded it, it connected to the server before the main menu appeared. So I tested it to see if it will still play when offline. When offline, it asks you if you want to play offline against the cpu, you say yes, and away you go. Sorted.