Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2012, 12:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Ok I decided to try Kitten Santuary just for the heck of it and LOL'ed hard at the intro.
Brilliant idea with the•••Spoiler:   Kitty Spirit.

Last edited by justln; 03-27-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Clockwork, I'm certain this won't go unnoticed. There are a LOT of Match-3 fanatics on TouchArcade and I'm sure the few of us who are already loving this will spread the word. Also, kudos on releasing a Lite version. Worst case scenario: TouchArcade's own Jared Nelson would probably make another exception on the podcast's Kitty Corner to review a quality Kitty game, rather than the usual shit he finds.

Sabbath/me/Kitty Sanctuary -- XD Don't let that rough metal exterior fool you. Behind it is a warm, gentle teddy bear who loves things all cute and cuddly. Honestly, I'm more of a dog person, but damnit... this was too hard to resist. :3

Quoting me -- I don't mind at all. Go ahead.

I hope Kitty Sanctuary gets noticed and only leads to more and more apps from you on the App Store. It's incredibly rare coming across a dev as awesome as yourself, so...yeah.

EDIT: Just went to the sanctuary for the first time. *dies from cuteness overload* D'AAAWWW :3 :3 :3

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-27-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wow.... I have to say...

this game is REALLY well done... looks great on my ipad... music, voices and gameplay are very very nice too

and omg playing with teh kittehs :O
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Pixels View Post
@SkyMuffin

Thanks for purchasing ... I think you might have doubled my sales (at least according to iTunes) : )

Thanks also for the feedback ... sorry to hear about the missing kittens. There are two explanations I can think of...

1) Sometimes they hide behind the foreground objects (like the big tent). Try using the 'grab' option to see if they're hiding there.

2) If you've been playing lots of levels without playing with the kittens, they do get a bit depressed (every kitten has a mood ranking) and they can wander off! But don't worry the aliens will catch them again later on and you can re-rescue them. If this starts happening then it's not uncommon to have to rescue three kittens per trap!

I hope it's one of these two cases, technically the kittens are saved in the same file as the level progress so there shouldn't be a way to lose them.

The kittens you rescue are random btw, so if replaying a couple of levels due to a crash, you may well have rescued different kittens, but again your lost kittens should return ... please let me know ... I'm worried for them now : )

As for the crash, it was developed on a 4th iPod (iOS5) like yours, so it shouldn't be down to any compatibility issues. I'll of course retest paying special attention to the shop. Please let me know if it re-occurs or if there was a particular sequence leading up to the crash.

Again, thanks for the purchase & feedback!
Ahh, i didn't know the kittens return. I'll keep playing some more and hope that they will come back to me.

I'm on a jailbroken device, which may be the cause of my problems-- I'll see if I can do anything about that, like turning off certain tweaks, and then try to reproduce the crash.

Thanks again for making such a nice game
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I smell... match-3... I smell... match-3...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I smell... match-3... I smell... match-3...
ur smelling senses are correct :O now go play this game

EDIT: Am i a bad person if the first time i pressed the GRAB command, i was reminded of Pocket God and tried flinging my cats? :O

Last edited by Drexiel; 03-27-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM

I loved this game on PC and am so happy to see it here. Instabuy.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

You were right. George came back!

I also rebooted my device and cleared the memory, and now going to the shop does not crash the app.

(i updated my initial impressions post to reflect this, also)

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 03-27-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

A fantastic looking, low-priced pet sim/match game without a f**k-ton of IAPs? What are you thinking?! Aren't there laws against that kind of thing these days? Here, take my money. But please, please don't succumb to the temptation to tack on an IAP model down the road, screwing your early adopters. I look forward to your next project as well.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

i bought the game an hour ago, and i love it. i love kittens/ cats to death. such a great game. really hits the spot of cuteness/playability.. 5 stars tyty