★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Curio $0.99>FREE!

03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Curio $0.99>FREE!

Insane deal, had this on my wish list
Runner fans,grab it!
03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Not free when I just checked

03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Not free when I just checked
I just downloaded it for free,at the time of posting.
AppShopper still shows it as free http://appshopper.com/games/curio

Maybe the offers lasted just for a few hours, it happened thrice earlier this month and I missed it everytime until now.

Last edited by Sri Ram; 03-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
I just downloaded it for free,at the time of posting.
AppShopper still shows it as free http://appshopper.com/games/curio

Maybe the offers lasted just for a few hours, it happened thrice earlier this month and I missed it everytime until now.
Free now. Clicked free app right before I post this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Seems its only free in the US not the UK as I just downloaded it for free with my US account but it's paid when I check the uk store.
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Seems its only free in the US not the UK as I just downloaded it for free with my US account but it's paid when I check the uk store.
Im on the PH appstore and it's free here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Any thoughts on this one? Has decent reviews on the AppStore...just want to see whether it's worth clearing the space for.
03-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I always paid attention to this game's thread, but everything about the game just screamed like it wasn't polished at all. Let me just say this: The videos, the screenshots... they do NOT do this justice AT ALL.

This has to be one of the most bizarre, unsettling games I've played in a long, long time and as far as I'm concerned, if you're remotely interested in things out of the norm, this is so, so, so for you.

Insanity Mode truly is something that'll **** with your head, the retina graphics show off some insanely nice art (that, like I said isn't represented by those screenshots) and the sounds are just spine-chilling. I obviously haven't played enough yet, but this game is so frickin' polished and well put together that I can't believe I never checked it out before. This is another hidden gem on the App Store.

Would I recommend paying for it? **** yes... but for free? Guys... just hit that "Free App" button and get it over with. Definitely worth making space for.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I always paid attention to this game's thread, but everything about the game just screamed like it wasn't polished at all. Let me just say this: The videos, the screenshots... they do NOT do this justice AT ALL.

This has to be one of the most bizarre, unsettling games I've played in a long, long time and as far as I'm concerned, if you're remotely interested in things out of the norm, this is so, so, so for you.

Insanity Mode truly is something that'll **** with your head, the retina graphics show off some insanely nice art (that, like I said isn't represented by those screenshots) and the sounds are just spine-chilling. I obviously haven't played enough yet, but this game is so frickin' polished and well put together that I can't believe I never checked it out before. This is another hidden gem on the App Store.

Would I recommend paying for it? **** yes... but for free? Guys... just hit that "Free App" button and get it over with. Definitely worth making space for.
You sold me...hit that free button. Now, onto the bigger decision, what to get rid of....
03-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Yep, gotta agree with metalcasket on this one. Only played once so far but it is a seriously f'd up game. A runner to be sure but one of the strangest games I've played on the iOS. May not be for everyone, but worth a try.