★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple: 'Great Platformer'

What happens when you combine Prince of Persia and the Lost Vikings in one game? An instant classic and iOS's best puzzle platformer.

Babylonian Twins is a 2D retro puzzle platform game that takes you to 576 BC in ancient Mesopotamia. With a beautifully reconstructed historic environments, original Middle Eastern music and innovative two-character control, you will enjoy days and weeks of exploration and mind-twisting puzzles. A critically acclaimed remake of the original Commodore Amiga game which was built in Iraq in the 90s.

Critical reviews:
------------------

4.5/5 - TouchArcade
4.5/5 - GamePro
5/5 - AppSmile
8/10 - PocketGamer (Silver Award)

"Fantastic head-scratching puzzles" - GamePro

"Top marks level design, superb challenges", EuroGamer

"A proud member of Mensa" - 148Apps

"Reminds us what was so good about 16-bit gaming" - PocketGamer

"A gorgeous, charming platformer with one of the most interesting backstories" - C-Net

"An Instant Classic" - THEAPPERA

Also featured on AOL News, Kotaku, Wired.com, Arstechnica, The Independent, The Vancouver Sun and others.

About the game
-------------------

- Guide the twin princes of Babylon in their quest to restore peace in Babylon in unique co-operative tag-team control

- Over a dozen large levels across five worlds including: Tower of Babel, the Assyrian Place, the Procession Street and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

- Super crisp retina graphics with a detailed reconstruction of ancient Mesopotamia derived from authentic history texts

- An album worth of original authentic Iraqi Music

- Super smooth scrolling at 60fps

- Secret treasures and bonus levels

http://twitter.com/babyloniantwins
http://facebook.com/babyloniantwins

http://www.babyloniantwins.com

AnarKitty's comments:

Brand-new Universal re-release of this exceptional puzzling platformer game - free to download during the re-release!
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-28-2012 at 12:53 AM.

03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, that's confusing!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Is this any different than the earlier HD version? Grabbing it anyway,thanks
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
As noted above in my post, this is a Universal re-release of Babylonian Twins, but it has a (slightly) new name and is a separate product in the App Store, so I figured it would be helpful to post the new Appinfo and link for future use.
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
As noted above in my post, this is a Universal re-release of Babylonian Twins, but it has a (slightly) new name and is a separate product in the App Store, so I figured it would be helpful to post the new Appinfo and link for future use.
@AnarKitty

It wasn`t meant to slam you. I add it so the talk about "There was already a Version out of this Game but I can`t find the Thread for it" doesn`t even burgeon.

I will remove it and replace it with the upcoming HD Gameplay Trailer if you would prefer it that Way...
03-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
@AnarKitty

It wasn`t meant to slam you. I add it so the talk about "There was already a Version out of this Game but I can`t find the Thread for it" doesn`t even burgeon.

I will remove it and replace it with the upcoming HD Gameplay Trailer if you would prefer it that Way...
It's all good - no offense taken, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew this was (technically) a new app. If you want to add the excellent HD gameplay trailer too, that would be great.
03-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Is there any reason I should have this if I already have Premium?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-28-2012, 02:16 AM
It says above and in the app store description that it has Game Center but it doesn't seem to, or at least it's not working.
Why couldn't they just make the HD version universal?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
03-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Really unsure what to do here. I "bought" this but have had the premium version on my phone forever. The only thing making me want to replace that with this is the fact that it's almost half the size. :/ This new "model" is apparently freemium and I don't know if any of the coins have been shuffled around to make the game harder (and therefore persuading people to pay for coins). Ugh...

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"