★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MindJolt
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 44.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Exploding into the app store at warp speed, SGN brings you Ion Racer! A sci-fi, action-packed, agility race with heart-stopping thrills - Ion Racer takes speed to another level. With endless ways to customize your craft, you'll never run the same race twice. Experience the mounting challenge of mission-based progressive competition - how long can you stay in the race?

A truly strategic racing game, Ion Racer offers:
+ Choose strike mode to burst through obstacles or play in + Focus mode for precise steering . . .
+ Control your craft with accelerometer tilt steering or choose easy-access light touch controls
+ Buy or earn valuable Kions to gain boots in speed and accuracy
+ Heal your wounded ship through intensely accurate gameplay or hit auto-repair for instant healing to get back into the race, fast!
+ Catch multipliers for an out of this world score!
+ Compete against friends via Game Center leaderboards & achievements . . .
+ Multi-dimensional retina display . . .
+ Perks, Upgrades, and More!

Follow: at @SGNGames
Visit: www.SGN.com
Like: http://www.facebook.com/SocialGamingNetwork

Echoseven's comments:

03-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-28-2012 at 06:46 AM.

03-28-2012, 05:14 AM
This may be already available in some stores outside of the U.S. If you're impatient, there's no harm in checking, right?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-28-2012 at 05:34 AM.
03-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Yeah, that "released" date doesn't mean much. It either shows when the app was originally scheduled for release, or when it was approved. (I think it's when it was approved)

Chillingo's games sometimes had dates going back two months, even though the release was new.

Anyway, it's not out in the US and it is in NZ - I'd classify that as a new release.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
03-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Yeah, that "released" date doesn't mean much. It either shows when the app was originally scheduled for release, or when it was approved. (I think it's when it was approved)

Chillingo's games sometimes had dates going back two months, even though the release was new.

Anyway, it's not out in the US and it is in NZ - I'd classify that as a new release.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Anyways, I'll edit my post to say "This may be already available in some stores outside of the U.S. If you're impatient, there's no harm in checking, right? "

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-28-2012, 06:03 AM
This looks like my type of game.
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't trust SGN after they screwed over all the people who bought F.A.S.T.

I'm half expecting this game to go freemium and for them to take away all the content (that the customers paid for) and charge it again as IAP. That's what they did with F.A.S.T.

Hakuna Matata
03-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
I don't trust SGN after they screwed over all the people who bought F.A.S.T.

I'm half expecting this game to go freemium and for them to take away all the content (that the customers paid for) and charge it again as IAP. That's what they did with F.A.S.T.
I bought FAST about 2 weeks before they did some big changes, at full price too. Was gutted.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
03-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Looks great. After what others above have written think I might wait and see what they do with it first.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
03-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Just saw PG article few hours ago, but didn't read through well so seeing this come out tomorrow is a nice surprise

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3