★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: iFighter2 brings you back to the Pacific War in World War II to challenge the Empire of Japan with their powerful fighter jets and aircraft carriers.

iFighter2 is by far the most realistic vertical shooting game on iOS and a masterpiece remake of the classic arcade experience!

Features:

- 10 World War II fighters with 8 different characteristics of wingmen. Different combinations will give the player different attacking tactics!
- 3 difficulties, each with 7 challenging missions
- Survival mode
- Achievements
- HD graphics with gorgeous visual effects, bringing the most realistic gaming experience to the players.
- Armory Store to buy superior fighters (some with auxiliary weapons), powerful sidekicks (with tracking missiles etc...), super bullets, invincible shell, and auto-refill and so on.

epicforce's comments:
The classic iOS shooter iFighter is back, with better and more fluid game play than ever and HD Retina graphics for iPhone 4!

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
The first one was quite good, and Super Laser: The Alien Fighter has always been one of the best shmups for iOS.

I see they've monetized this one with IAP for coins. I'm curious whether the game is completely playable without them, or whether you can essentially buy a highscore?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
The first one was quite good, and Super Laser: The Alien Fighter has always been one of the best shmups for iOS.

I see they've monetized this one with IAP for coins. I'm curious whether the game is completely playable without them, or whether you can essentially buy a highscore?
Yes, if you are a good shoot'em up gamer, I'm sure you can play through the game without spending extra dollars for the coins. You can collect coins in the game as well as power-ups. On the other hand, you can use coins to purchase better fighters and special sidekicks

Our games: ChocChocPop, iFighter, Stone Wars, Super Laser, Caveman's Quest HD, iFighter 2: The Pacific 1942
Twitter: http://twitter.com/epicforce
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-03-2012 at 02:35 AM.
03-28-2012, 10:38 PM
thanks Sanuku.
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Looking forward to your video, Sanuku. The first iFighter was an excellent game, and this looks good, too.
03-29-2012, 01:37 AM
okay

not bad, kill time
03-29-2012, 02:16 AM
i can't resist most shooters or tower defense games...

so i bought this after 2 minutes of consideration xD will post later

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
03-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Those black Borders are there because the Game doesn`t fill the hole Screen on the iPad 3 and you have black Bars.

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-03-2012 at 02:36 AM.
03-29-2012, 02:59 AM
Bought this last night, think its a great vertical shoot em up. If you like 1942 type games then this is one of the best i've played on iOS. Nice graphics, from what i've seen so far nice levels with the usual huge ship/boat end of level baddies.

The animation of the plane is good, move the plane left or right and the plane tilts as it goes to that side, other shoot em ups i've seen similar are 'lazy' and its just the same graphic for every direction.

To me its like an updated 1942 with much better graphics, looking forward to seeing the later levels. Very happy they have relative touch controls which work well, enjoying this and worth the money.