★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ashley jackson
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Classic visuals, great story and classic platformer feel" -Unbound Gamer, 76%

"BeyondDead is an absolute stunner" -AppCroc

"If you're a fan of metroid/vania games this is certainly a game you should check out." - Capsule Computers

For game updates on upcoming chapters and previews visit www.monsterobotstudios.com or follow monsterrobotGC on twitter

Something has gone wrong with terraforming project 1470, and it's up to Tank and Vera, a team of mercenaries, to discover the truth. Travel to the Asteriae system and explore astroid facility in this massive open world adventure like classic SNES games of old!

SZC: Beyond Dead Chapter I features:
*totally customizable control systems.
*Awesome auto save, play for 5 minutes or 45 mins, you start right where you left off no matter what
*tons of cool weapons, collect energy cells to buy new weapons and items and upgrade the ones you already have
*in-game achievements to test your skill
*awesome boss battles and puzzles
*Unlockable Shooting range mini game with tons of levels!

Watch the trailer on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK3Wb0KIIt8

The story continues in chapter II
with new weapons/enemies/bosses/achievements/and much more!
Each new chapter will be a free update

Please rate and review SZC so we can keep making cool games!

And don't forget to check out Monster
Robot Studios' other games:

Bridge the Gap (iPhone)
Bridge the GapLITE (iPhone)
Bridge the GapHD (iPad)
GravCat (iPhone)
BeyondDead (iPhone)

ashtmj's comments:
BeyondDead for iPad

itunes link

App description:

SZCBeyondDead

"Classic visuals, great story and classic platformer feel" -Unbound Gamer, 76%

"BeyondDead is an absolute stunner" -AppCroc

For game updates on upcoming chapters and previews visit www.monsterobotstudios.com or follow monsterrobotGC on twitter

Something has gone wrong with terraforming project 1470, and it's up to Tank and Vera, a team of mercenaries, to discover the truth. Travel to the Asteriae system and explore astroid facility in this massive open world adventure like classic SNES games of old!

SZC: Beyond Dead Chapter I features:
*totally customizable control systems.
*Awesome auto save, play for 5 minutes or 45 mins, you start right where you left off no matter what
*tons of cool weapons, collect energy cells to buy new weapons and items and upgrade the ones you already have
*in-game achievements to test your skill
*awesome boss battles and puzzles
*Unlockable Shooting range mini game with tons of levels!

Watch the trailer on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK3Wb0KIIt8

The story continues in chapter II
with new weapons/enemies/bosses/achievements/and much more!
Each new chapter will be a free update

SZC Beyond Dead iPad -Monster robot Studios by homeschooledmail, on Flickr

SZCBeyondDead iPad - Monster Robot Studios by homeschooledmail, on Flickr

SZCBeyondDead iPad - Monster Robot Studios by homeschooledmail, on Flickr
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM

03-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Free?? Nice!!! Got iphone version and this looks even better

Edit-sorry not free the info above says that but it's 1.99 gotta wait till I get more credit

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??

Last edited by mashead2000; 03-29-2012 at 03:46 AM.
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
HELL YEAHZ!!!

At first, when I saw the loading screen, I wasn't sure that it'd be nice playing the game on my iPad in Portrait Mode... but WOOHOO!!! Great decision by the devs to do so. With the Map and Pause menu items on the top half of the screen, there's no need to go back n forth or wait through the long loading times. Love being able to just glance up to look at the map...

Very nice way to take advantage of the bigger iPad screen. =oD
03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Is this iPad retina guys?

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
@Defard no, hopefully one of the updates we'll be able to add retina support. I've yet to see what it looks like on the new iPad. if anyone has one let me know and I can send a promo code so you can let us know how it looks

-Ash
03-30-2012, 10:17 AM
retina iPad user here. i'd be glad to test it out and see if it upscales nicely.

edit: ash was kind enough to give me a promo code to test szc on the retina iPad, and i'm happy to say the in-game graphics look great - sprites and environments are sharp. there is some slight fuzziness to the text and menus used, but nothing that would impair anyone's gameplay. the game and map areas work fine together on the large screen as well. i only got as far as the double-jump boots as i wanted to leave my impressions here asap, but i think it's safe to say that those with shiny new iPads shouldn't be turned off by the 'non-retina' graphics as the game still looks crisp overall.

Last edited by take; 03-30-2012 at 11:30 AM.
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
@take

Sent, let us know how it looks

Quote:
ash was kind enough to give me a promo code to test szc on the retina iPad, and i'm happy to say the in-game graphics look great - sprites and environments are sharp. there is some slight fuzziness to the text and menus used, but nothing that would impair anyone's gameplay. the game and map areas work fine together on the large screen as well. i only got as far as the double-jump boots as i wanted to leave my impressions here asap, but i think it's safe to say that those with shiny new iPads shouldn't be turned off by the 'non-retina' graphics as the game still looks crisp overall
Great! thanks for the info!

Thanks
-Ash

Last edited by ashtmj; 03-31-2012 at 01:22 PM.
03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
I really like the looks of this from the screenshots. The way the iPad screen is used looks pretty intelligent. I was following the iPhone thread but never did pick it up. I'll definitely be considering it on the iPad
03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
@Thrak

Thanks!
yeah, the iPad version is a step up: much faster load times,
better HUD, extra details in the graphics thanks to having more memory to work with, the shooting range is unlockable already(coming later to the iPhone version) more achievements, etc.

The only down side is iPad will get the Chapter II update later then the iPhone version, but we'll be packing in more extras to make up for it

-Ash