★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vector i-Ship is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

03-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Vector i-Ship is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

This recently-released Universal horizontal shooter with Fantasy Zone-like visuals is free for the first time since release in February 2012.

03-29-2012, 07:30 AM
I love the graphics and artwork. Sadly the controls are bad enough to be called broken (note that I did not try the tilt option). Direct touch has weird acceleration issues and you have to make big exaggerated movements beyond where you want to go to move with any sort of speed. The virtual stick throws you across the screen with a slight tap making any sort of precise movement impossible. I'd like to see how this would play with decent controls so I'll watch for updates.

03-29-2012, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't bother downloading this; there's a permanent banner ad at the bottom of the screen throughout gameplay. If this was actually added to a previously paid game as an update, that's pretty disgraceful.
03-29-2012, 09:01 AM
I didn't see any ads at all. I had wifi off but 3g on . I also didn't have OF enabled if that means anything (I know they're pushing ads now with their banner or whatever). Anyway if it has ads during gameplay that's very unfortunate.
03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Royce ,

There´s no ADS as i myself HATE ads on games!
the video showed as gameplay on youtube has a banner from an openfeint account that must have had a connection error and only by reseting openfeint that banner should never appear again, even in offline mode.

About the controls i call them the "gravity system" as i really think that games that you only drag the ship and makes it unseen by your fingers are not appropriate, i designed this control type so you can see the ship while touching and also make it more difficult.

Updates are on the way and a new zombie shooter game too ( for iOS and android devices - a BEAUTIFUL game inspired by zombieville1 and dinocap too)

My new future games will cost only $0.99 and my Vector will go back to $0.99
after the promotion so...

PS: there are types of ADS that you will never see but they will be there for sure! And i will never dirt my game screen with such things!

Support my games!
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
03-31-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't have any problems with banners and I had WiFi and OF on. I thought the graphics were great and the bosses were unique but the floaty controls just didn't do it for me. I deleted after a few minutes of playing that I actually had to force myself through just because I was curious.

*signature for rent*