★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "A Game About Colors" is a free iOS puzzle game! Combine similar colors to make the highest score possibile!

"A Game About Color" is a puzzle game, a fun concept experiment developed and available for free. The core mechanics of the game are pretty simple: You make a collection by selecting colored blocks on the grid and then tap the collect button, the more the selected colors have chromatic affinities, the more points you get!

pgiaco's comments:
Greetings, Everybody.

I'd like to bring to your attention that our new "experiment" A Game About Colors is now live on the AppStore (for the iPhone and the iPad).

A Game About Colors is a free iOS puzzle game and the user needs to combine similar colors to make the highest score possibile.

A Game About Colors is a simple puzzle game and we hope it is also a fun concept/experiment.
The core mechanics of the game are pretty simple: you make a collections by selecting colored blocks on the grid and then tap the collect button, the more the selected colors have chromatic affinities, the more points you get!

If you have time, please give it a try .. obviously, your comments will be appreciated!

Thanks for your time and attention,
all the best!

Paolo
@ Double Jungle
03-29-2012, 06:10 AM
This is a simple but interesting color-hue matching game. Basically, you tap square tiles of a similar hue and get points for close color matches or for finding lots of matches. Bad color matches lead to a reduced score. After 8 turns, you're given a final score. And there's a couple of other ways to earn more points, like matching squares with a star showing or isolating a square by removing the squares around it (by matching them).

I found myself staring at the screen, carefully comparing the various colors and trying to decide which shade of color was most common. I probably need to experiment some more, to determine how close the color matches must be.

It's free, but has a couple of "donate" buttons if you feel inclined. Didn't notice any adverts or restrictions. One suggestion - I believe there's only a play again button when a game ends. I suggest you add an exit button.

Thanks for sharing this game. I'll be playing it some more...
03-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
This is a simple but interesting color-hue matching game. Basically, you tap square tiles of a similar hue and get points for close color matches or for finding lots of matches. Bad color matches lead to a reduced score. After 8 turns, you're given a final score. And there's a couple of other ways to earn more points, like matching squares with a star showing or isolating a square by removing the squares around it (by matching them).

I found myself staring at the screen, carefully comparing the various colors and trying to decide which shade of color was most common. I probably need to experiment some more, to determine how close the color matches must be.

It's free, but has a couple of "donate" buttons if you feel inclined. Didn't notice any adverts or restrictions. One suggestion - I believe there's only a play again button when a game ends. I suggest you add an exit button.

Thanks for sharing this game. I'll be playing it some more...
Agree with this. While this isn't the sort of game that's going to hold my interest for long, I enjoyed the time I spent with it. If you shut your eyes and stuck a pin into 100 random free games on the app store and this happened to be one of them, chances are it would be in the top 5 or 10. Worth a download for sure.
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi, i'm the developer and the designer of the app
Thank for the feedbacks, i really appreciate that!

While i was working on my main project (yet unannounced) i had this concept "About Colors" that was fast and interesting to develop so i came out with this experimental game.

i'm currently working on the first update that will add so much in terms of gameplay and strategy!

i'll add 6 different potions that can be used before a collection to increase in different ways the points for that collection.

for example the Red potion will boost points awarded for the "red channel" on the next collection. i'm testing those and it's so much more fun!

if you have more suggestion feel free to leave some comments below, i'll read and value all of them.

Samir