Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Has anyone been able to scan the QR code in the intro cinematic?

There's a soda can that Fibble's ship crashes into that has a QR code on it. I grabbed a screenshot with my iPad, but haven't had any luck getting a scanner on my iPhone to recognize it... it's possible that I didn't get a good shot as the QR code is kinda rounded on the can and the can is rotating. Other possibilities are that I'm crazy in trying to do this and it's not actually a valid QR code...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
You asked if anyone saw different. He saw different. It's a high quality game made by a console developer with a very solid reputation. This is their first mobile game, so perhaps they aren't as iOS savvy as you'd like. The universal build is something I would have liked to have seen (and SZ mentioned that in an earlier post that the value may not be there for the iPad version), but the other options could be added in later updates. I think the game is quite good, you don't want to try it, that's fine. You don't need to tell long standing members to "grow up" or school people in reductio ad absurdum...I'm sure he was aware that he was using it.
Thanks sizzla. Obviously my point was that the entirety of the value of a particular game does not reside entirely in its implementation of certain iOS features.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Well, what do you know? Game of the Week.

Just for clarification: Each of the 30 levels has its own backdrop (different part of each area), right? They say there are 4 areas in the app description, but I'm presuming this isn't your typical "the actual puzzle is different, but all 200,000 levels are set against the same 4 themes" situation... right?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just watched Sanuku's video again. I feel stupid. I'm also weak... bought. >_> Anyone else getting a Micro Machines vibe from the game (for obvious reasons)?

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-29-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Tried out Fibble for a bit, I'm very impressed. Very polished, graphically impressive, typical 'cute/cartoony' art direction but done very well, fun and intuitive. I was wondering when we were going to see Angry Birds-style simple mobile games with detailed 3D graphics, surprised it hasn't happened earlier.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So, the vid Lego posted showing the developer playing a few levels, are those in this version? The ones Sanuku played do not have the placement of the creatures to help him along. Is that still coming? And I assume the four tutorial stages Sanuku played count towards your 30. How many 'real' stages are there?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

this game looks like Kirby's Dream Course for SNES
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
So, the vid Lego posted showing the developer playing a few levels, are those in this version? The ones Sanuku played do not have the placement of the creatures to help him along. Is that still coming? And I assume the four tutorial stages Sanuku played count towards your 30. How many 'real' stages are there?
They're all "real," but the game keeps introducing new gameplay features every few levels. Placing allies doesn't begin till the kitchen section.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
this game looks like Kirby's Dream Course for SNES
Just saw some video, and yeah, there's a clear similarity. Fibble has it's own personality, though, and the courses see to be quite a bit more complex.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
No mention of 9mo old iCloud sync support.
No 18mo old Universal app support, at least 'Universalize' the HD version.
Means fragmentation for those of us with multiple devices.

No mention of iPad 3rd gen retina support.

Fail all around. Passing on this out of touch dev. Anyone see different?
Yes.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
But godamn, it looks so frickin' good. Do you guys think it's worth roughly 400mb for 30 levels and an hour of deliberating what to delete?
Probably not. Since it doesn't use iCloud for some reason, you'll never be able to delete it in the future without losing all your progress. It's lazy devs like this that make deleting games such a process for deliberation.

I also agree with others about non-Universal not making for a very nice debut.