★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Order & Chaos Online (by Gameloft)

03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Order & Chaos Online (by Gameloft)

03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow it actually came out for something non-iOS. I'll wait for the price drop.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
03-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
Wow it actually came out for something non-iOS. I'll wait for the price drop.
You know that the Game was already out for Months for Android and that there was also a Facebook and a Version for a TV Setup Box in France?
03-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Picked this up yesterday to see how it performed since I've been enjoying O&C a lot on my iPad 3rd gen.

The most important thing to note is that you have to use 'Mac' servers, so you can't use characters you created on your iOS devices and you can't play with people on iOS/Android (this is the same shitty system that stops iOS and Android people from playing together). Overall this is a dealbreaker for me, as I enjoy the iPad version a lot and don't want to start over. They really need to reconsider what 'cross-platform' means to them because right now they are embarassing themselves. Your subscription will work across devices though, so if you have a monthly pass for iOS it works on Mac.

Other than that it was kind of buggy compared to the iPad version - especially the controls - though that will probably improve over time just like the iOS version improved. Right now it's basically a shitty WoW clone that works on mac unlike the infinite options for shitty WoW clones that work on Windows, so maybe some Mac-users will be excited. I find it looks sad on the Mac because I know Mac's can run way more amazing things, where as it still blows my mind that it runs so well on iPad cause it's so small etc.

If you fell in love with O&C on your phone/ipod but don't want to keep playing harder levels on such a tiny device then I guess you might be a good audience for the Mac version. It's almost certainly a better experience overall compared to a phone, even if iPad is better than mac.

I might re-open it someday if i feel like rolling a whole new character but even then I'll probably just use iPad.
05-18-2012, 04:44 AM
On Sale: 99c.