★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3D Chess 1.1 is really a masterpiece.

05-16-2009, 02:40 AM
3D Chess 1.1 is really a masterpiece.

3D Chess is really a masterpiece. Actually, the moment I play it, I am attracted by it. Just from the screenshot, I believe the developer have made painstaking effort. Really, the pictures are so fabulous, and the background music is so beautiful and powerful that I thought I was in the real war field. I like this feeling, which just makes me a hero!
There are so many things attracting me. Just take the 3D effects for example, its realistic three-dimensional scene, models and pieces movement just turn an ordinary chess game into an enthralling sight and game. Moreover, it is not only an addictive game for fun, but it is also very professional and intelligent. If you want to win every time, you are kidding! I have been defeated several times by it.

I am so lucky that now I finally get the update. It is quite satisfied. Now the UNDO button is added, which makes it very convenient for me to play! Besides, the castling is really perfect now. Also, pawn promotion can be chosen from 4 kinds of pieces, several times more than before! Not only that, the sound effect is also added for pawn promotion. What’s more, the player can choose to be any sides nowadays, but before, we have no choice at all. All piece models are fine-tuned, the attack action of bishop is amended, and the direction when pieces attack horizontally is adjusted, which makes the game much more real… Almost ten new things are added, which can not be said in one word! So you can imagine how excited I am! The moment I found it, I bought it without any hesitation. I have been dreaming about it for a long time!
I do get much fun from it! Whenever I am free, I will play the game on my iPhone Touch. Whenever I win, I feel so happy that I even jump up! When I’m tied, I just listen to the background music. At that time, I feel so relax and so satisfied. This game is truly enjoyful!
Well, there is nothing perfect in the world. So I am sure that there are still many improvements and great potential for this app. I hope that there are updates of 3D Chess all the time!

Last edited by GoddessLove; 05-16-2009 at 02:42 AM.
05-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Enjoyful

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-16-2009, 05:40 AM
this post seems written by the developer
05-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello123 View Post
this post seems written by the developer
LOL or his mother, sure is excited about it though.
05-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
LOL or his mother, sure is excited about it though.
From the post:
Quote:
Just take the 3D effects for example, its realistic three-dimensional scene, models and pieces movement just turn an ordinary chess game into an enthralling sight and game.
From iTunes:
Quote:
Its 3D effects help in turning an ordinary chess game into an enthralling sight and game.
Many more clues lead me to believe that this is most definitely the dev.
05-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Yeah it's a dev. Still gonna try it out though, I'll check to see if it's online.
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
I'd be wary... looks like the game's implementing the rules of the game via updates - which makes me think that the AI has been written from scratch; since it clearly wouldn't have understood castling or promotion for the first release at each. Chess AI is so far advanced now that coding this from scratch is almost certainly going to give an underwhelming performance.

Wonder if it handles en-passant yet?

And yeah, definitely a 'dev' review!

Jamie.
05-16-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm not an advanced chess player, but as far as aesthetic go, Deep Green is the masterpiece. I also think tChess is quite sharp looking. But Deep Green all the way!
05-16-2009, 09:37 AM
This game really doesn't look that great. And it's difficult to see what's going, as well as to select pieces. And the game makes numerous errors regarding the rules of chess, although seemingly all player side; it let's the player make illegal moves, but the CPU doesn't make them. Still, a pretty poor effort. I wouldn't recommend it even if it did look good, which it doesn't.
05-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Not sure why the developer is trying to oversell this.. it is a 99 cent toy.. a chess game for beginners that like Battle Chess.. not for anyone that wants a real chess game like Deep Green 7.99. T Chess Pro 7.99 or Shredder Chess 9.99.