★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Scramble Blitz is a lot of fun to play, and gamers will instantly become hooked... I couldnt put it down for one second" - Apps On Tapp

"A truly addictive word based game for your iPad" - Game Trender

"Scramble Blitz scrambles Boggle into a whole new concept that will keep you finding words long into the night!" - iGame Radio

If you like Scramble with Friends and falling tile games, you're going to love Scramble Blitz! It combines the strategy of creating as many words as possible from a grid of letters with the heart pounding mayhem of a 2 minute timer!

The game board is always changing as regular tiles obtain the ability to double or triple your word score. Also watch for disappearing tiles being replaced with new letters!

FACEBOOK LEADERBOARD
Play against your Facebook friends and see who ranks the best, or take on the world with integrated Game Center leaderboards. Post that killer score and earn yourself some serious bragging rights.

POWER UP YOUR HIGH SCORE
Use exciting powerups to really take your score to the next level. Each unique powerup adds an element of strategy to your game, but choose carefully because you can only use 2 at a time.

BONUS WHEEL
You can even win additional coins or powerups with the free daily spin of the Bonus Wheel!

We are certain you will love this game! Be sure to give us a rating and review. Also don't be afraid to drop us a line on our website, or from within the app to let us know how we're doing. Your feedback is extremely important to shaping the game in the future!

BlueDiamondGaming's comments:


Please let us know what you think! We take your feedback to heart. Thanks!
03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny South FL!!
Posts: 915
I want to download this.....but something is telling me not to. I'll wait for impressions.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

03-30-2012, 07:55 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
I want to download this.....but something is telling me not to. I'll wait for impressions.
Haha I know the feeling. Are there any questions you have about it that I can answer?
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny South FL!!
Posts: 915
You have leader boards...any asynchronous online play? Or any plans for it?

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
You have leader boards...any asynchronous online play? Or any plans for it?
We have done asynchronous online multiplayer for our trivia games so we could do it for this if we felt it could benefit from it. The game is more of a high score game though. I guess maybe you could play directly against your friend head to head. But we do have the Facebook leader board for that sort of thing.

I guess the short answer is maybe but it's not in the plans at the moment :-)
03-31-2012, 02:23 AM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
I'm also very curious but have a few questions:

1) When making words, are tiles used up with the remaining ones falling down into the gaps?

2) How many credits are the typical players making on a run? Basically how many games would I need to save up to add a Sonic?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2012, 06:09 AM
#7
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm also very curious but have a few questions:

1) When making words, are tiles used up with the remaining ones falling down into the gaps?

2) How many credits are the typical players making on a run? Basically how many games would I need to save up to add a Sonic?
1) When you make a word, all of the original tiles are worth 1x value. They then turn into DL tiles and are worth 2x. When you make a word with a DL tile, it turns into a TL tile and is worth 3x. When you make a word with a TL tile, it then disappears and all tiles above it fall down. The gap at the top is replaced by a new tile.

You also have a DW and TW bar that fills up as you make words. That is randomly applied and the tile is "set in stone" and will never disappear. The strategy is obviously to use as many of the DW TW tiles as possible.

2) Games vary pretty wildly depending on how many of the DW TW tiles you get, and where they get placed. I've been scoring between about 400-2K on a game where I used no powerups. However, I've been testing it a lot so I've gotten quite good Some of the newer players typically score between 200-500.

It's not too bad, we made sure that purchasing additional coins is ONLY for the people who want to either a) support us, or b) want to use their favorite powerups EVERY match.

Please do post here any impressions you guys have

Thanks for the interest, it really does mean a lot to us!
03-31-2012, 11:00 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Game Impressions

It's pretty cute.

I think it reminds me more of Boggle than anything else. Just as the dev already described, your tapping out adjacent letter blocks creating words with the primary hook being that every letter cube has 3 stages of life (normal, double score, triple score) before disappearing and allowing blocks above the cleared letter to drop down in its place. Make enough words and you might get a stone double or triple score block to appear that doesn't disappear and can be used over and over again for the rest of the game (although this is really annoying if it appears in an awkward spot or is of some hard to use letter like an 'X').

Just like Boggle no word can be used more than once in a game.

Your ending score is your earned credits so, as the devs said, unless you need to use power-ups in every game, the rate of in game earned credits is pretty reasonable.

4/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 79
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Is there anything you didn't like or would improve upon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It's pretty cute.

I think it reminds me more of Boggle than anything else. Just as the dev already described, your tapping out adjacent letter blocks creating words with the primary hook being that every letter cube has 3 stages of life (normal, double score, triple score) before disappearing and allowing blocks above the cleared letter to drop down in its place. Make enough words and you might get a stone double or triple score block to appear that doesn't disappear and can be used over and over again for the rest of the game (although this is really annoying if it appears in an awkward spot or is of some hard to use letter like an 'X').

Just like Boggle no word can be used more than once in a game.

Your ending score is your earned credits so, as the devs said, unless you need to use power-ups in every game, the rate of in game earned credits is pretty reasonable.

4/5
04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 79
Everyone who has been playing has absolutely loved the game!

Here are 5 promo codes for you guys. I just ask that you please come back here and let us know what you think. Good or bad!

T6NEKRKALKW4
XT9MEKFYTPRL
ANPXJA9HXXY3
YEN7HWKWR7JY
A44K79W7NX9X

Please post which code you took so that people don't waste their time trying redeemed codes