★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ok I give up!

05-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Ok I give up!

I just can't keep up with all the great games and apps that are coming out for my iphone! It's just amazing!

I just don't have enough time to buy and play them all

thats the curse of the app store! so much is coming out the window for making a popular game must be getting smaller and smaller..
05-16-2009, 04:41 AM
i've only got 1 page left on my Touch to accommodate too
i'll have to get a second Touch in soon

05-16-2009, 04:42 AM
i must say that its been pretty hectic over the past couple of weeks for big name releases, although since peggle nuthin has really stood out. i think apple are giving the indi devs their chance now

i do spend too much on th eapp store, but despite that only 1 regret so not a bad return for the amount of entertainment i had!

just waiting for worms and will be sorted for a long time!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
05-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the world of gaming, where too much awesome crap is thrown at us.

I've had this problem for years with console games as well. I've got such a large backlog of games that I haven't finished yet, but I also want to keep up with current games so as not to lose out.

It's a blessing and a curse.

Plays: Zaxxon Escape, Plague Inc., Phoenix HD, Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper.
Using: 64 GB iPod Touch 5G
05-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadunne View Post
I just can't keep up with all the great games and apps that are coming out for my iphone! It's just amazing!

I just don't have enough time to buy and play them all

thats the curse of the app store! so much is coming out the window for making a popular game must be getting smaller and smaller..
Yeah there has been some good releases in the past few weeks. But if you seriously want to keep up to date you should purchase application sniper it allows you to add applications to a list where you can either wait for a price drop or just keep them there for when you want more games. I find this application to be very useful and it helps me see the latest price drops and the newest released games. Just a thought if your seriously frustrated. but if your just having a joke yeah it was been a long week or two for new releases and keeping up with the latest games.
05-16-2009, 05:06 AM
looks like Apple finally is getting big in games even if it's only on the ipod/iphone for now..

I have a theory that they might try and tap all the new devs on the iphone and create a console.

If they could design a way of making games written for the iphone work on mac's and a mythical console I could see it working.

They would spin it like when the intel mac come out:

"Just click build for iConsole tick box and you've converted your app"

of course more work would be required to load higher res gfx and work new control schemes but it won't be a huge amount of work if they do it right.

Heck they could even throw in a windows client too
05-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Side note: If you buy AppSniper, be sure to clear the cache now and then. The icons are cached and over a period of time, will slow down your iTunes backups. That's what happened to me, and after 2-3 months did I find out and resolved the problem. I now turn off the "display icons" to prevent it from happening. Otherwise its a great app.

On topic: Yes, I have the same problem. Best you can do is to promise yourself to only buy a new game if you complete an older one. "Blockbuster" games like Terminator Salvation are said to only be around 2hrs, so it won't be that hard to do.
05-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shap08 View Post
Yeah there has been some good releases in the past few weeks. But if you seriously want to keep up to date you should purchase application sniper it allows you to add applications to a list where you can either wait for a price drop or just keep them there for when you want more games. I find this application to be very useful and it helps me see the latest price drops and the newest released games. Just a thought if your seriously frustrated. but if your just having a joke yeah it was been a long week or two for new releases and keeping up with the latest games.
Thats a good idea there are a number of apps I've looked at and thought I'll wait until pay day, then forget they exist because about 100 more apps were released by pay day
05-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjleworthy View Post
i've only got 1 page left on my Touch to accommodate too
i'll have to get a second Touch in soon
I ran into that problem too, One of the many reasons I Jailbroke!

But this recent influx of games was bound to happen some time, now so many games are coming out, in so many categories, everyone can play whatever genre appeals to them. I think it's great.
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
On topic: Yes, I have the same problem. Best you can do is to promise yourself to only buy a new game if you complete an older one. "Blockbuster" games like Terminator Salvation are said to only be around 2hrs, so it won't be that hard to do.
I'm trying to complete assassin creed at the mo (which is really cool) but my only free time is when I'm on the train so I'm having to split time on that podcasts, twittering etc.. there's so much to do on the iphone!

The other big purchase I made was Need for speed, but I'm holding off on that as it has glitches on 3.0 software..