Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-21-2012, 06:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It's better. Still some basics missing, but it's better. If (huge if) they can bring this up to a full release version I'll hesitantly give this a "possibly recommend" as it plays now. It still feels like a beta, but hopefully they'll put the time and effort into fully realizing the potential.

Thing still missing IMO:
Shadows
Animations
Enemy unit info
Excellent camera controls (they're up to "ok" now I'd say)
Manual game save
Terrain info

There are also issues with a loaded autosave. Any units that had a poor morale state aren't able to be selected to give orders to until after the next turn, and then they start moving towards the rear automatically. Also, if there are killed and wounded they show up as ok (green square) in the info box.

Sadly it's not there yet. Here's hoping they take this seriously enough to keep going...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post
It's better. Still some basics missing, but it's better. If (huge if) they can bring this up to a full release version I'll hesitantly give this a "possibly recommend" as it plays now. It still feels like a beta, but hopefully they'll put the time and effort into fully realizing the potential.

Thing still missing IMO:
Shadows
Animations
Enemy unit info
Excellent camera controls (they're up to "ok" now I'd say)
Manual game save
Terrain info

There are also issues with a loaded autosave. Any units that had a poor morale state aren't able to be selected to give orders to until after the next turn, and then they start moving towards the rear automatically. Also, if there are killed and wounded they show up as ok (green square) in the info box.

Sadly it's not there yet. Here's hoping they take this seriously enough to keep going...
I think it'd be great if you'd post your thoughts on the BF forum. I know you've had some recent...ummm...interesting dialog with the BF team; however, I think they'd still want your feedback. I'd also suggest you amplify what you mean by "excellent camera controls" so its clearer what you're looking to see in the future.

Just my 2 cents...

--DotComCTO
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm assuming the BFC people are watching over here also, so they should be aware of my feedback already. If they're not here...well, that would be their loss.

As for the camera, it still has some quirks. The inertia/bounce is much better, as is the responsiveness, but there is still too much effort required at times to get the desired viewpoint. Also if zoomed in quite a bit it's possible to have situations where the camera simply won't move forward, and will actually move backwards with a forward swipe instead. Not as frustrating as it was, but still not something that requires no thought or effort to manipulate throughout a scenario.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

i gave up and deleted this game its just no fun.

So awkward to play and navigate around the map.

maybe if i didn't have battle academy i would persevere a bit more with it. but i would much rather just play battle academy, that just works perfectly, like you would expect, no bouncing camera and strange control system, no wondering what happened to your tanks/when did they get hit etc, you cant ever see because the camera is useless, also you miss all the action, explosions/hits etc.

I wanted to like combat mission but its awfull to play, in my opinion, horrible.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Update is out

What's New in this version:
Now supports iPhone 4/4s and the latest generation of iPod Touch
Retina display on iPad3 at full resolution
Performance improvements
Bug fixes
Old 08-11-2012, 01:03 AM

I have been looking for a mobile game similar to total war, and this just hits the spot. I totally love this game, and my only gripe is the crashes that happens sometimes. Love it!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 AM

Oh yes I have seen the trailer of this video game in you tube. It's breathtaking. The action is superb over here. As soon as I saw the promo I have decided to buy it at once and I have even downloaded it. The game entirely consists of fun and excitement.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintoner View Post
Oh yes I have seen the trailer of this video game in you tube. It's breathtaking. The action is superb over here. As soon as I saw the promo I have decided to buy it at once and I have even downloaded it. The game entirely consists of fun and excitement.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Grabbed this for free. It's better than I expected. Reminds me of the old "Close Combat" series for PC.

Unfortunately, it crashes constantly on my ipad3, even after closing everything else and rebooting.