★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: --HUNT FOR HIDDEN LETTERS EXERCISE YOUR EYES--

WARNING: Smugbit Studios is not responsible for extreme drops in productivity, temporary insanity, or loss of vision due to excessive playing of Lost in Letters.

How quickly can you find the letter that doesn't belong? You'll be surprised how your eyes will deceive you. It might take a while - but we promise - every round has a hidden letter!

Features
---------------
- 4 Game Modes
-- Free Play: No timer - just you and your vision.
-- Survival: Beat the clock - Find as many letters as you can before time runs out.
-- Survival Challenge: Survival mode, but the difficulty ramps up the longer you survive.
-- Time Trial: Find every letter as fast as you can.
- Gamecenter integration
-- Leaderboards and achievements
- Catchy 8-bit tunes (courtesy of Dr.Petter).
- Share scores via Facebook and Twitter

---------------
Thanks for checking out Lost in Letters! Please rate/review the app and let us know what you think. We're actively taking your suggestions and improving the experience.

Twitter: @smugbit
Web: www.smugbit.com

Agas's comments:

"Go play until your eyes bleed!"

It's a simple game that frustrates my eyes. Somehow I like it (and it's FREE)!
04-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

04-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I've given this a try yesterday and it's a bit of a challenge on the hard level with giant boards.

There's patterns of similar looking characters, like 2 and Z or I and 1. You have to find the symbol that's there only once.

It made me a bit dizzy after awhile. I had some fun with it.
04-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I have to agree - this is a lot of fun for such a simple and potentially headache-inducing premise! Well done!
04-02-2012, 09:03 AM
i have given try too. it had fun
04-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know (or has an idea) if the Free Play is procedurally generated, or did the developer specifically designed stages?
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzy View Post
Does anyone know (or has an idea) if the Free Play is procedurally generated, or did the developer specifically designed stages?
I think the levels are randomly generated from the limited patterns it has. I thought the M-W levels were among the easiest, even easier is finding the dot in the O.
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey guys - I'm the developer for this game. Seriously, thanks for checking it out. Didn't think it would get any interest.

All of the levels are randomly generated. Time trial gives you specific letters, but the hidden one is always random.