★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3D Constructo Combat

11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
3D Constructo Combat

It went down to $.99 and I tried it. I don't recommend it. I've been curious about it since it came out and I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

It's a great original concept for a game and the controls are good. The execution is horrible though. It just seems like another dev who doesn't realize you can make good games for the iPhone and instead uses Palm as the standard.

It could have been good with a better dev, but these guys don't seem to realize that technology advances and the iPhone is more powerful than a Palm. It's kind of waste.

If they update it so it's practical for the iPhone, I'd be willing to pay much more for it, because it actually is a really interesting game. As it is now, I'd say you'd be wasting a dollar.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
It went down to $.99 and I tried it. I don't recommend it. I've been curious about it since it came out and I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

It's a great original concept for a game and the controls are good. The execution is horrible though. It just seems like another dev who doesn't realize you can make good games for the iPhone and instead uses Palm as the standard.

It could have been good with a better dev, but these guys don't seem to realize that technology advances and the iPhone is more powerful than a Palm. It's kind of waste.

If they update it so it's practical for the iPhone, I'd be willing to pay much more for it, because it actually is a really interesting game. As it is now, I'd say you'd be wasting a dollar.
Thanks for the non-recommendation, i almost bought this.

"Insert generic signature here"

11-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks

I saw this and took a look as it sounded different. Thanks posting your feedback. We always hear about what people really like (which is a good thing) but seldom here about the disappointing games.
11-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Quote:

Crap... if i came here before i click that damn BUY button about 2 hours ago, i could've save a buck. Yes, this game is a POS, literally. I wish the dev had put in more thought or maybe get a designer to help him/her out. Horrible game.
11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk666 View Post
Crap... if i came here before i click that damn BUY button about 2 hours ago, i could've save a buck. Yes, this game is a POS, literally. I wish the dev had put in more thought or maybe get a designer to help him/her out. Horrible game.
I actually think it's a really great concept. It looks almost like they made a polished game, then compressed and reduced the quality of everything until it was... whatever it turned out to be.

It's like taking a high res picture and reducing the quality until it's a thumbnail and thinking it's still good.

It looks like the dev just hasn't played any good iPhone game and doesn't know what it can do.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Quote:
I actually think it's a really great concept. It looks almost like they made a polished game, then compressed and reduced the quality of everything until it was... whatever it turned out to be.

It's like taking a high res picture and reducing the quality until it's a thumbnail and thinking it's still good.

It looks like the dev just hasn't played any good iPhone game and doesn't know what it can do.
I think that was a previous Palm and or Pocket PC game so that would explain the good idea yet in low quality.
11-18-2008, 03:09 AM
Quote:

You are too kind. I wouldn't put the word good and this game in the same sentence even if i'm dead drunk.