Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I wanted to share this game level with you guys that I've designed.
You need to get to the checkered board to finish. It's pretty hard so It's kind of a challange for you guys to finish it.

Hope you enjoy it and tell me what you think about it
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgieCan View Post
You need to get to the checkered board to finish. It's pretty hard so It's kind of a challange for you guys to finish it.

Hooray! The first community-designed level I played. Thanks for sharing.

Some comments:

- You did not name the level, it was still called 'Untitled1' which gave me problems loading it: I had to delete the 'Untitled1' I have on my iCloud account first, before I could load yours.

- There was no starting position placed in the level (just place a truck in the level to set start). Without a starting position, it spawns at a default place, which was an awkward place to spawn: I fell on my side at game start.

- Yes, it is hard, I gave up and could not finish it. Did you finish it yourself?

Bram
Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Bram see just as a comment about the editor can you make it so we can change the way the vehicles/other movable objects are ie rotatable because some levels there not the right way round
Old 04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgieCan View Post

That is so hard

Like it I'm gonna keep at it till I get it and I suppose that's what you want in a game people comming back to play

Comments

I noticed there was a stray bit of stairs about the map

when you start You fall (I don't know where that's intended or not)

Edit : Done it. I finally done it on like my 40th try that is a great level

Last edited by Gourlaykid; 04-22-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourlaykid View Post
Bram see just as a comment about the editor can you make it so we can change the way the vehicles/other movable objects are ie rotatable because some levels there not the right way round
For obscure technical reasons this is hard to do, mainly for the truck. I think I have to pass on that feature.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
Hooray! The first community-designed level I played. Thanks for sharing.

Some comments:

- You did not name the level, it was still called 'Untitled1' which gave me problems loading it: I had to delete the 'Untitled1' I have on my iCloud account first, before I could load yours.

- There was no starting position placed in the level (just place a truck in the level to set start). Without a starting position, it spawns at a default place, which was an awkward place to spawn: I fell on my side at game start.

- Yes, it is hard, I gave up and could not finish it. Did you finish it yourself?

Bram
Thanks for playing it

-Next time I'll change the name.

- I know that there wasn't a starting position, but it was pretty nice that it fells on it's side and then back up.

- Yes, I finished it on my fourth try.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
For obscure technical reasons this is hard to do, mainly for the truck. I think I have to pass on that feature.

Ah ok. Do you think you could add in a system that we can upload our map but we can login and update / add to our portfolio so other can download and play them

Edit: forgot the end bit

Last edited by Gourlaykid; 04-22-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Can't you make a update where we can make selections and delete them, or dublicate the selections rotate them.
Sample: if you make a stair up and if you want to get it down after you need to make all those blocks again. So it would be better if we can select, dublicate and rotate them.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourlaykid View Post
Ah ok. Do you think you could add in a system that we can upload our map but we can login and update / add to our portfolio so other can download and play them
Well, sharing via this touch arcade forum kinda works, but a dedicated site with designer profiles would help.

However, I was hoping the user community would pick up the task of building a site.

I suggest we give it a little time.
I believe little crane now has something like 2M downloads, and the editor 1500 downloads. For now you guys are the pioneers, but once it sees 50k users or so, there are bound to be a few users that start a tlctc site. My advice is to share them here, until a site springs up. Heck, even a blogger site works, of designers that link to each other?

IMPORTANT WARNING:
iCloud shared document links expire!
I have NO control over this, it is an apple thing. I think exported doc links expire after a week or so. If it expires, you can always export again. Maybe iTunes on Mac will let you extract the raw .cranelevel file that never expires?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Well, sharing via this touch arcade forum kinda works, but a dedicated site with designer profiles would help.

However, I was hoping the user community would pick up the task of building a site.

I suggest we give it a little time.
I believe little crane now has something like 2M downloads, and the editor 1500 downloads. For now you guys are the pioneers, but once it sees 50k users or so, there are bound to be a few users that start a tlctc site. My advice is to share them here, until a site springs up. Heck, even a blogger site works, of designers that link to each other?

IMPORTANT WARNING:
iCloud shared document links expire!
I have NO control over this, it is an apple thing. I think exported doc links expire after a week or so. If it expires, you can always export again. Maybe iTunes on Mac will let you extract the raw .cranelevel file that never expires?

I will make the site for you

I will post it up in a few days once my exams are out the way and I've got some time

Last edited by Gourlaykid; 04-22-2012 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Got rid of all the crap