Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Default Some free DLC

Here is some free DLC for the Little Crane That Could.
I made this little obstacle course in the World Editor.
https://www.icloud.com/documents/dl/...v44R3NGnKeDk0C

Further news:
16:9 Widescreen support on iPhone5 coming to both the game and the editor. V4.4.1 of the game has been submitted to Apple for review. I am working on V1.3 for the World Editor.

I also identified a race condition in the Editor, for which I have a fix coming up. Some crash dumps from Apple have reached me, and I would like to have them all fixed. For this I need your help: If the editor (or game) ever crashes on you, please send me an email describing all the steps leading up to it. Or use this forum describing the crash, I read all messages here.

Thanks!

Bram
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Default iCloud problem

I didn't see the note about turning iCloud on before installing, and now that I have it on nothing I do seems to allow me to save to the cloud. Any idea how I can fix it? I've tried reinstalling several times, restarting the iPad.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roth View Post
I didn't see the note about turning iCloud on before installing, and now that I have it on nothing I do seems to allow me to save to the cloud. Any idea how I can fix it? I've tried reinstalling several times, restarting the iPad.
That is puzzling. I'll do my very best to fix this for you.

First, please check some device settings for me:

(1) If you open the 'Settings' app on your device, and chose iCloud tab, then is 'Documents & Data' switched to 'ON'?

(2) When still in 'Settings' app, iCloud tab, select 'Storage & Backup' and then select 'Manage Storage' is there an entry 'the little crane that could'? If so, what data does it contain?

Next, check some things in the World Editor app:

(3) Upon starting the editor, do you get a warning dialog saying that iCloud is not enabled?

(4) Can you confirm that if you press the 'Designs' button, all your designs are listed under 'Designs (local)' and none are listed under 'Designs (iCloud)'?

(5) What happens if you press a blue 'disclosure' button on a local design and choose 'Move to iCloud'?

Thank you for reporting,

Bram Stolk
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 PM

Thanks Bram, Step 1. Fixed the problem. I never used iCloud before so it only had the default settings. You might want to add that to the notes in the iTunes store.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Default How to download content?

I tried the link at the top of the page and it redirects to a page that says the file will be downloaded. But I never see any new content in the game or editor. Is there another setting I need to enable?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I tried the link at the top of the page and it redirects to a page that says the file will be downloaded. But I never see any new content in the game or editor. Is there another setting I need to enable?
Just tested the link and it works fine for me.
You need to open the link on your device, not on your pc or mac.

You will get a dialog with 'open in World Editor' option.

The only other thing that could be a cause are the icloud outages that apple suffered the last few days.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 PM

Looks like you have to use Safari for it to work. The browser I was using only showed a picture of a cloud.

Any plans to have consolidated list of user created content?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Any plans to have consolidated list of user created content?
I encourage people to post them here.
Although you need to be aware that exported files are purged from Apples server after I believe 3 weeks.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Little disappointed.

Hallo,
Just bought the game but i am not satisfied. Because it is boring when i can't do anything in my own created world, no parts or element to play with.
If i can change this please somebody help me out. For now i am a little disppointed.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Default Editor Piece

One of the best levels is the bridge completing one where you have to pieces of road that has the cross shaped hole in the center that you must move to the bridge before driving to the other side. How come that piece isnt in the editor? that would be awesome to get added.