Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Gun Runner (by Man Up Time) [Universal] FREE

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.

Description:
Kill Everything. Get Bigger Guns. Repeat.

In July of 1986, a covert team of special forces led by your brother Ajax were sent into the jungles of South America to investigate an extra-terrestrial object of unknown origin.

They were never heard from again and the mission was buried. Your superiors told you to “drop it”, that it was “above your pay grade”. Good thing you never listen.

At 0800 hours, a prototype Delta Hawk recon vehicle dropped you into enemy territory. If you want to survive, you can never ever stop running, and never take you finger off the trigger.

Experience the adrenaline shot of your life. Run, jump, and shoot. Did we mention shooting? We didn’t call the game “Gun Runner” for nothing. Unload the most wicked, alien-stomping weapons ever to grace this planet.

And when your not running, jumping and shooting, you’ll be rocking out HARD to the all-original soundtrack by 8-bit master Syphus. Prepare for ear hole meltage thanks to the heavy-calibur, guitar-driven, Reagan-era chiptunes that’ll make you slap your grandmother. Twice.

Best of all, the price of admission to this non-stop action-o-rama ride? Free.

We’re giving you the entire seat, but you’ll only need THE EDGE!

Follow us on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/hippiemanx

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sri Ram; 04-03-2012 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Sanuku's gameplay video added
Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Pretty good contra clone, worth grabbing for free. Relies on grinding/IAP for more weapons.
They could enhance the directional controls for shooting(haven't really run sofar as to shoot up/down anyway. Pretty linear at the beginning)
That and making it more fast paced,adding more coins into the level would make this much better!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I will download as soon as i get home. Looks divine to me... and if this is a runner as the title suggests, as long as the controls are responsive, it already has a place in my 4s.

The title sounds like a criminal rather than an action shooting runner game though. LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 07:24 AM

Default Game Impressions

I`ll give it a try...

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Sri Ram did add the Trailer to the first Postso I did removed it from my...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

After running and gunning a bit more, I can say that this is definitely the best contra fix for me!
The game gradually gets more fast paced and unlocking better guns helps you go further+pickup coins easily, doesn't rely too much on the IAP after all.

Some suggestions if the dev ever checks out this thread :
- the directional controls for shooting doesn't really work the best for the iPad, perhaps an invisible joystick/snapping slider would work better than tapping upper/lower left sides of the screen.
- I haven't played it much (got till 500M sofar), but would be cool to have the enemies shoot at as later on. It's weird how they all seem to just run into us like zombies.
- those glowing metal platforms need to explode as we run over them ,really, they just gotta!
- more Characters would be cool

Hope this game continues to get updated, this is a great runner for my endless collection of runners!

Last edited by Sri Ram; 04-03-2012 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The game seems to be all messed up on the new ipad. Plenty of graphical glitches, the camera is really far from the action and all the texts are misplaced.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'll try this...Contra comparisons a good thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM
iPhone 5s

could be nice game but it's extremely linear and boring especially at the beginning. also coins are quite rare, guns are expensive and iap pricing is just ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
could be nice game but it's extremely linear and boring especially at the beginning. also coins are quite rare, guns are expensive and iap pricing is just ridiculous.
That was my initial impression as well,but once you get the first weapon, things get easier(collecting coins gets faster) And the game isnt so linear as we go further ahead, it gets more "contra". But it would surely help if it's fast paced right from the beginning,and a different "drop point" helps as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
The game seems to be all messed up on the new ipad. Plenty of graphical glitches, the camera is really far from the action and all the texts are misplaced.
I see the same thing here on a new iPad.