★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Flash game hit featured on Wired.com, kotaku and FHM finally on your iPhone & iPad!

Coign of Vantage is a unique little zen exercise (kotaku.com), in which you turn a cloud of particles until they line up and form an image.

We've taken the minimalist aesthetics and free-flowing gameplay of the original Flash game, and retailored them for touch input and the superior graphics power of your iOS device. The result is a beautiful and relaxing experience, quite unlike any other iOS game you've played.

"... fans of the Flash game will find the iOS version to be absolutely fantastic and well worth the money."
AppAdvice.com, 4/5

"Coign of Vantage is one of coolest games on the App Store ..."
Modojo.com, 4/5

"should be at the top of any puzzlers list with its colorful, pixelated presentations, and simple but endlessly addictive gameplay"
AppTudes.com, 4/5

"Its exciting and addicting, but still rather relaxing at the same time."
TheiPhoneAppReview.com, 5/5

"... anyone whos a fan of puzzle games would be hooked on Coign of Vantage the first time they play it."
MacTrast.com, 4.5/5

4/5 - AppSpy.com

"... a compelling mix of puzzle and tactile elements."

Sanuku's comments:

Lite Version:

04-03-2012, 02:09 PM
This looks like a pixelated version of Blueprint 3D.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
And both are basically a clone of LostPixels, which came out a couple of years ago. (And LostPixels was probably cloned from something else too).

This one looks particularly interesting due to all of the cubes, instead of flat warped/keystoned fragments.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
There are a good handful of games like this, my favorite one is eBoy Fix Pix. ;P

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi guys,

I'm Philipp, one of the two creators of the original "coign of vantage" flash game, as well as of the iOS port that came out today. It's great to see a thread about our game here!

If you google for "coign of vantage", you can see that the original Flash game (http://bobblebrook.com/games/coign-of-vantage ) came out way back in 2008, two years before LostPixels. In fact, we were pretty angry to see how little effort LostPixels put into copying our game.

I hadn't seen Blueprint 3D before today, but it seems that they put a lot more thought into their game, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they had seen neither our own game nor one of its clones. No hard feelings there.

Anyway, I just thought I'd offer our point of view before this turns into a rumor about us cloning our own idea.
We're currently fresh out of promo codes, but if people are interested, I'll be happy to bump this thread with a few, as we receive new ones!
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, having previously bought Blueprint 3D and eBoy, I, too, thought your game was a cash-grabbing clone and after having seen the comparison, didn't give the thread or the game additional thought. I'm glad I checked in anyway despite my initial reservations. Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep an eye out on this thread for any forthcoming code giveaways you mentioned. In the meantime, I'll wait for some forumspeak on the gameplay.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-03-2012 at 04:26 PM.
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi guys,

Our first update to the game went live today (disabling automatic hints after the 2nd image), so we have a batch of new promo codes.
Please feel free to take one of these. It would be nice if you could post which one you took:

04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
The hints need to be able to be turned off. Other then that its really high quality and polished.

Last edited by smj; 04-11-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Missed above post
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Game Impressions

Here is my review of the game that I did:

I love it and really hope that this one does well and gets some popularity.

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Took 4H69AFL9T6W6, thanks!

Playing Now: Lara Croft Go, Boxy Kingdom, The Shadow Sun
Waiting For: Lumines
GameCenter: -jjj-