★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Operation: Eradicate $3.99 -> $1.99

04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Operation: Eradicate $3.99 -> $1.99

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Been eyeballing this board game for quite some time. Price point is irresistible. Bought..

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Apparently there's a load of brouhaha about this being a copy of Pandemic.

Before you buy, review here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/7706...for-ios/page/2

I may buy it though, as it doesn't look like an actual Pandemic game will ever happen.
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I've been interested in this one. But will it a bit too complicated for a super casual gamer like me. I have no patience to sit and memorise complex rules. But I quite like the 2 ganes ive recently been playing TTR and War on Terror

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
04-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Ttr?

Of course. Ticket to ride. Duh me.
04-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
I've been interested in this one. But will it a bit too complicated for a super casual gamer like me. I have no patience to sit and memorise complex rules. But I quite like the 2 ganes ive recently been playing TTR and War on Terror
Actually, TTR is the exact frame of reference that came to mind when I read your post. OE has a similar feel in terms of its rules, in that the game appears more complicated than it actually is, but once you get through the tutorial you'll find the issue is working out how to spend your resources effectively rather than trying to remember how the game mechanics work.
04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Ttr?

Of course. Ticket to ride. Duh me.
yeah, Ticket to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Actually, TTR is the exact frame of reference that came to mind when I read your post. OE has a similar feel in terms of its rules, in that the game appears more complicated than it actually is, but once you get through the tutorial you'll find the issue is working out how to spend your resources effectively rather than trying to remember how the game mechanics work.
Maybe i'll give this one a shot then.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
The game is pretty good, and the only option I see for online async co-op multiplayer on iOS.

Only downside so far is the small text on the iPhone. Then again, I'm a geezer so you young'uns might not have such a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!