★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Galactic iron Wars is 360 degree shooting game.
Beat the enemies by using strong weapons and barrier which absorb the enemys attack.

# Features
-Massive amounts of explosion show unexpected exciting stage.
-360 movement are available by 360 degree control
-Absorbing the enemys attack by barrier, then you can charge the energy to use the special weapon.
-You can enjoy various 30 levels.

strivemind's comments:

Bangai-O like game for iOS?
04-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Not going to lie, this game comes quite close to being Bangai-O but falls WAY short of the mark.

The graphics aren't great, but there is slowdown (~3 quarters to halved speed) and resulting unresponsiveness on iPhone 4. Yes my multitask bar is empty and I've done a full reboot.

Gameplay consist of different objectives such as destroy scripted waves of enemies or collect stars designated throughout a level. The interesting level designs make these mundane objectives exciting and fun to play, like those found in Bangai-O.

This game differs from Bangai-O in weaponry and the barrier system. The player does not have a choice over weaponry, but are instead given 2 sets of weapons appropriate for the level.

The barrier system allows the player to activate a shield bubble to absorb and convert enemy attacks into energy. When the energy gauge is full, tap the 'super' button to unleash a chain of damaging explosions on the map.
The barrier recharges rather quickly, and can be activated intermittently to prolong its effect. It's an unique and fun system, but veterans of Bangai-O may feel such system to be overpowered to the extent of being god-like. Perhaps that's why the button is not large enough for it to be reliably activated.

There's no denying that this game feels and plays like a watered-down (or simplified, depending on your stance) clone of Bangai-O. It is fun to play but the slowdown holds back my recommendation.

Last edited by gunxsword; 04-04-2012 at 01:11 AM.
04-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Not going to lie, this game comes quite close to being Bangai-O but falls WAY short of the mark.

The graphics aren't great, but there is slowdown (~3 quarters to halved speed) and resulting unresponsiveness on iPhone 4. Yes my multitask bar is empty and I've done a full reboot.

Gameplay consist of different objectives such as destroy scripted waves of enemies or collect stars designated throughout a level. The interesting level designs make these mundane objectives exciting and fun to play, like those found in Bangai-O.

This game differs from Bangai-O in weaponry and the barrier system. The player does not have a choice over weaponry, but are instead given 2 sets of weapons appropriate for the level.

The barrier system allows the player to activate a shield bubble to absorb and convert enemy attacks into energy. When the energy gauge is full, tap the 'super' button to unleash a chain of damaging explosions on the map.
The barrier recharges rather quickly, and can be activated intermittently to prolong its effect. It's an unique and fun system, but veterans of Bangai-O may feel such system to be overpowered to the extent of being god-like. Perhaps that's why the button is not large enough for it to be reliably activated.

There's no denying that this game feels and plays like a watered-down (or simplified, depending on your stance) clone of Bangai-O. It is fun to play but the slowdown holds back my recommendation.
Thanks for the review mate
04-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Runs pretty slow on my 3GS, but runs perfectly on iPad2.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind